Chapter 20 - I Will See You Tomorrow

Loki turns to me with shock in his eyes and large smile on his face as Fandral and I stand in the door. He moves to me, shakes Fandral's hand, bows, and I curtsy, then I take his hand and we begin. Slowly at first, but soon we are waltzing as we normally do, and have since these dances began for him. Not long into the dance I begin to fatigue.

We shall cut this short for you love..I can see that you are in pain and tiring. You didn't need to return.

Yes I did...for you.

We need to talk

I know...

Loki still cuts the dance short, and we leave the dance floor. My mom comes over and grabs me into a hug right away. She knows that I am in some pain, and for the moment she is putting her annoyance with Loki aside. She knows that I did what I did for him, and there was no way to talk me out of it.

"Are you ok?" she asks, and I nod while wiping some tears of pain away. "are you sure? You didn't need to do that, you need to put your health and safety first..."

Smiling at my mom, I wipe some additional tears, and give her a hug; Loki is moving back over to me after having been stopped by Thor.

"Mom, can you forgive him for what he did?" I ask, "you know that we always got into mischief, and you know it wasn't just him...I could have stopped him, but I wanted to go with him and see what he had planned. Loki is my best friend and is always full of surprises."

She reaches up and touches my face, and then speaks.

"Sometimes I forgot how headstrong you can be...I should have know that you wouldn't just stay in bed." she says, "yes I will forgive him, but you have to tell me how you feel about him. "

Loki approaches and bows to both my mom and me. My mom gives him a hug, and pulls back.

"My prince, forgive me, you know what she means to me, and I know how determined she can be, and if she really wanted to stay in her room the other day, she would have." She continues, "I am sorry for what I did to you and what I said to you...please accept my apology"

Loki is shocked, no one has ever really apologized to him, he is used to having people treat him poorly, never receiving and apology and just moving on.

"Lady Kathalia, Thank you." he says, "I hope you know that I would never do anything to hurt your daughter. She is my best friend."

Loki offers me his arm and we walk slowly over to the others. They are talking about my singing and ask where I got the song. Loki stiffens.

"Oh, I read it in a book of poetry...Not sure who the author was, but the words are beautiful, aren't they?"

"They are, if there are more, I would love to read the book..." Sif asks and I shrug.

"You would have to check the library Sif, really I just found it on a table and starting reading it." I lie, "I left it in the library, but this one poem stuck with me."

Loki breathes a sigh of relief. Like he was afraid that I was going to give his secret away; and he winks at me. After a few more moments of chatting with the warriors, I excuse myself to go back to my room.

"I shall go with you," Loki says, and I shake my head.

"Loki, you can't, this party is for you." I hug him and then tell him that we will talk more tomorrow.

Bidding good night to my friends, and my mom, I walk out in the hallway, and find that I need to sit down and rest for a moment. I sit in the one window alcove, that looks out over the grounds but it is a collage of beautiful colors. As I gaze over the grounds, I feel a calm and peace envelop me. Every now and then someone stops and says hello, or chats for a moment. But once they leave, I turn and look out of over the grounds again. I don't know how long I sat there, but I decide that I probably should get back to my room.