Chapter 25 - What Could Have Happened to Him?

I am getting hysterical, and finally he opens his eyes.

"Stop, stop...I'm awake, I swear.." he chuckles as best he can.

He stirs and groans and I help him sit up and remove the rest of his clothes down to his underwear and wrap the robe around him. I help him stand up and place his arm around my shoulder to get him to the bathroom. He pauses before he lets me help him completely undress; it's kind of funny because he is being modest about me seeing him naked. Just then there is another knock at my door.

"Damnit!" I exclaim, "Loki get in the tub, and I will be back to help you bathe...just relax"

"No you don't...need..." he says but I am already out of the door.

"When did I become so popular, no one comes to my door for how long, and now everyone needs to see me," I mumble to myself.

Opening the door, I find Cedrin standing there with a smile on his face.

"Oh Cedrin, hey..." I say and pull my satiny robe around me a little tighter.

"Hi," he says with a smile, "I wanted to see if you wanted to join me tonight, I thought we could have dinner in the village and then meet up with your friends...I will wait while you change."

He makes a move to come inside but I block the door.

"Oh Thank you, but Not tonight Cedrin, I am not really feeling great, kind of tired and my side hurts a little bit." I tell him. "I don't think I have recovered from last night."

"Oh, if your side hurts would you like me to look at it?" he says and makes a move to lift my shirt.

"NO!" I scream, "sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that, I am just a little off tonight, but I will be better tomorrow. Maybe we can meet in the great hall for breakfast?"

He eyes me as if he is trying to decide if I am telling him the truth. He leans over and kisses my cheek.

"I would be honored to meet you in the morning." He says, "Is there anything you need? I can sit with you if you don't feel well."

He says hopefully and I just shake my head.

"Thank you for offering, but I am just going to grab some more tea, and probably head to bed." I respond, " I shall see you tomorrow."

"As you wish darling...I will see you later, feel better soon." He says and leaves.

Closing the door, I cast a quick shield charm and then head back into the bathroom. Loki has managed to sink into the water so only his face is out of the water, the rest of him is covered by bubbles. He looks up and smiles at me, I motion for him to sit up so I can wash his hair. He sits in silence as I massage shampoo into his hair.

"You don't have to do this..." he says

"Hey, if it makes you feel better what can the harm be?" I say "You have a little bump on your head... can I heal it?"

"Um, you don't have to do that, " he says, but I heal it anyway.

"Why don't you let me take care of you for once..." I say and he giggles a little. "Besides you can be my practice for healing..."

I let my fingers work on his neck and his shoulders massaging some of his soreness.

"Let me know if anything hurts too much, ok?" I ask, and he just nods and puts his head down leaning slightly forward so I can reach all of his aches.

"You're very good at this..." he says barely in a whisper.

"Thank you,"

I push him forward gently so I can reach his back and work on his shoulders better. A small sob eventually escapes his lips, and I lean around to look at his face. He looks at me and I cannot help but touch his cheek.