Chapter 41 - The Nightmares Continue

Loki and my mom come into the room with both bouquets of flowers. He immediately comes over to the side of the bed and gives me some water and helps me as I try to sit up.

Can you fix my nose? It's really bothering me? Please?

"Kathalia, your daughter would like to see about fixing her nose, would we be able to do so, or was the eye enough for today?" Loki asks but does not take his eyes away from mine.

Please?

My mom can see my determination.

"Perhaps we can give it a try and see what happens. What about your voice?" she asks.

Not yet, I would rather have the eye and nose fixed, and maybe the bruising between my legs.

Loki flinches when I say that, he gets angry when he thinks that someone else had their hands on me in such a way. Kathalia rubs his back and shoulders like a mom would and he feels a little calmer. Loki and Kathalia go to work on fixing my nose and it is uncomfortable, but I work through the pain until it's fixed. Inhaling and exhaling a huge cleansing breath, this is the first time I feel that I am on my way to healing. Flopping back on my bed for a moment, I relish the inhale and exhale of another full cleansing breath.

"Dear, why didn't you tell me that you and Loki were going to the ball together?" my mom asks, and I sit up and look to Loki and shake my head.

I am not going to the ball. I am not leaving my bed for awhile. I do not want to be seen in this condition, let alone get all the pitying looks from everyone who knows what happened. I might never leave my rooms again.

"My love, you need to go to the ball to show that you will not be defeated by this, and the only way I will allow you to go is with me. It is the only way for me to protect you and to keep you safe." Loki says.

Loki...no

"Daughter, it's fine, I just wondered about you going. Loki mentioned to Skarde that you were going to the ball together since he came to ask you to go with him?"

Mom, can we talk about this later?

Absolutely, I brought lunch, how about you meet us at the fireplace for tea and lunch.

I nod in agreement, and get up slowly to go to the bathroom and freshen up a bit. Before I stand, Loki reaches over and thrusts a pair of my fluffy socks at me and I smile in gratitude. He helps me up.

Loki I can make it on my own, really I will be back in a moment.

I make it to the bathroom and splash some water on my face, and put some lotion on my hands and arms. As I rub the lotion on my arms and legs and put the socks on. My hands pass over the multitude of bruises on me and each one hurts. They actually look as though they are getting deeper in color. A few tears fall from my eyes, but I manage to compose myself and walk out and meet Loki and my mom. With a quick wave of my hands I put on a sleeveless tank style dress. Once I get to the sitting room, I walk slowly to the table with my mom and Loki. Loki stands and leads me to a chair and wraps a blanket around me.

Thank you!

Anything for you my love. Are you still sore?

Yes...

We sit and eat lunch, actually a late lunch because most of the day has gone rather quickly. I get up to move over and look out of the terrace windows and really want to go for a walk in the gardens but it looks as though it may rain.

"Dear, I need to work with Heimdall tonight, and you need to stay here." My mom says, "Asmund will be outside with the other guards and I ..."

"I will be here tonight as well, Lady Kathalia." Loki says, "I insist".