Chapter 39 - I Will Always Be Here For You

"Before you go, your highness, might I have a word?" Kathalia asks Loki who nods.

Frigga and Odin hug Kathalia and tell her to send for them if she needs anything. Asmund will gather other guards and they will be placed in this wing of the palace.

"My Prince, Loki..." she begins, "I know that you both are cross with each other, and I know not why, nor do I need to know why; tis not important." She continues.

"What is important to me right now is my daughter, and not getting her upset, and I am afraid that seeing you will upset her. So I am trying to decide if allowing you to see her, or her to see you would be a good thing right now. She needs to rest, and is heavily sleeping she might not know you are there."

Loki looks to her with sad and tear-filled eyes and nods. He understands, but does she understand?

"Lady Kathalia, I am sorry for what I have done to upset and hurt her, and I have been trying to make it up to her." Loki says, and Kathalia smiles when thinks of all of the flowers that Loki has given.

"I understand your concerns, and as difficult as it will be for me, I will do as you wish, and see her when you deem the time is right. But please know that I will do whatever I can to help you both." he gets up, kisses her on the cheek and leaves to go meet with Thor and the others.

Sighing, Kathalia gets up and goes back in to my room. She chats with Sif for a bit, and then Sif leaves, in tears because she is so upset about what has happened to her friend. Some hours have passed and after spending some time with our friends, Loki wanders back to my place and waits in the hall to enter. Frigga opens the doors, and steps aside for Loki to come in.

"Loki, go back to your rooms and sleep, she is still sleeping... and should be for quite a while. There is nothing you can do for her here; her mother is with her now" Frigga soothes, and rubs his arm.

"I know how hard this is for you. Kathalia feels horrible about what has happened." she finishes. Loki does not have any words to describe what he is feeling, so he just nods absently.

"Mother, I cannot get that image out of my head....of her when she.....returned" Loki chokes out. "I need to be here when she wakes, what if she calls for me and I am not here when she needs me?"

" Tell me what you saw my son..." Frigga prompts Loki and he begins.

Suddenly Kathalia yells for Frigga, and she and Loki go running in to the room as Kathalia pulls me to her chest and rocks and shushes me. "Shhh, dear it's ok, you are safe,"

Sobbing, and hoarsely screaming, the vision of what happened is in front of me, and my mother is trying to calm me and comfort me. But her words do not work, and Frigga tries too, but to no avail. With a wave of his hands, Loki changes in to a t-shirt and pajama pants, and socks. He steps forward as a tower of strength; he is determined to help me.

"Ladies, allow me, please?" he pleads and they both nod.

Loki first conjures some fluffy socks and places them on my feet, which immediately warm and begin to soothe me slightly. But I still continue to sob with my eyes shut. He sits on the bed and faces me, while propping me up on quite a few pillows and summons his green blanket. He pulls the blanket up to my ears. My moans and sobs have not subsided enough to satisfy Frigga and my mom, but they make no move to stop or hasten Loki. He is calm, and strong, and they know he will do anything to comfort me. Loki leans and places his hands on my face and rubs my temples.

"Ssshhhhhh, my love, you are safe with me...always" he whispers. It takes a while but my screams and moans calm to almost a gentle mmmmm sound and eventually fade to silence.

Calm enough I open my eyes and inhale sharply in shock as the first thing I see is Loki. But my shock quickly turns to relief and I hug him, burying my face in his neck. He hesitates a moment and hugs me back, being as careful as possible to as to not injure me further.

"Here Darling have some water..." he whispers and holds the glass to my lips to help me drink."Better?" I nod and make an attempt to speak. But no sound comes out so I look to my mom and Frigga with scared eyes.

"My dear, your neck and throat have been injured, so you might not be able to speak for a bit." Frigga begins to tell me and can see that I am about to start crying.

"We will take care of you, you need to rest, we shall let you be...your injuries will take time to heal." she says and leans over and hugs me, and I nod. My mom comes close to me and hugs me, and then looks to Loki and says,

"Loki, I am sorry.... Thank you for helping her."

"Dear, do you need anything? Water? Pillows, something to help you sleep and manage the pain?" my mom asks, and I shake my head.

Loki smiles and nods in return and goes to leave, but I grunt and grab his arm. Shaking my head vehemently, I tug him back.

"Do you wish me to stay?" he asks, and I nod. Kathalia smiles and nods too.

"My dear, I will be on the reserve bed in the corner if you need me. We have additional guards outside, and Loki is by your side, you are quite safe....I promise. There is not a safer place on Asgard or in all the realms than this room." She touches my face and I wince at the pain.

"Thank you," I whisper as best I can.

"Darling, I am going to place you in a dreamless sleep, you need to rest and heal...ok?" Loki says, and I shake my head.

"I will not go anywhere, I promise, and your mother is here too.... We will not leave you and nothing will harm you here." he says, and immediately places the spell, not leaving me any chance to protest.

"Loki... thank you so much, I am so sorry for trying to keep you away." Kathalia says, "you always have her best interests in mind, it's just hard at times for me to let go and accept that there are things I will not be able to provide for her. She is my every thing..."

"Mine too..." Loki says as he runs his fingers through my hair and lays it out behind my head on my pillow as I sleep.