Chapter 26 - Will You Help Me?

Nervously I begin to pace, I know what she has to be thinking; she knows of the argument that Loki and I had. How do I explain the condition of him, in my bed? He came to me and not his own mother...my thoughts continue to swirl until I see Frigga and my mom enter the room. Stopping and trying to compose myself, I bow.

"Dear girl..." Frigga laughs and comes over to me, "why the formality?"

"I uh...." I stammer and begin to shake.

"F/n, what is wrong? You are usually calm and collected." She moves and takes my hand to lead me to the couch.

"Please tell me..." she says, "Has Loki upset you? Are you and he still quarreling? He's been so distraught lately, but that is a discussion we can have for another time."

I start to cry and she pulls me to her in a hug letting me sob softly.

"I.... I need to show you something..." I say,

She nods and stands with me as I lead her to my room. The shock on her face as runs to Loki's side and hugs him.

"How did he get here? When? How long?" she questions me and sees the tears begin to moisten my eyes.

"My Queen..." I begin and she gives me a look as if to tell me to stop being so formal.

Nodding and smiling I tell her everything that Loki told me and she listens intently. She runs her hands through Loki's hair.

"Frigga," I begin, "I am so sorry for the argument that Loki and I had, and that it lead to him being in this condition. I ...."

She stands and approaches me with a ferocity I had no idea she had. For a moment I am terrified of what she is going to do me. It's like she thinks I did this to him. Almost like she can get back at my mom for when she held a dagger to Loki's neck on my behalf. Frigga wraps her arms around me in a hug.

"My dear girl, this is in no way your fault." She says, " I am just so pleased that even after all you and he have been through, he could still come to you."

She turns to look at her youngest son.

" Could you wake him for me please?"

"How, do you... um know that ...I?" I ask her and she smiles at me.

"I know a sleeping draught when I see it... and it looks quite good. It is giving him the rest he needs. It looks as though it acted quickly."

"So you know how I have to...uh wake him..." I say and she nods, my mother nods too.

"I suspect it was the only way to give him the draught so quickly," she says, "that's the funny thing about sleeping draughts, they need to be removed in the way they were administered if not allowed to run their course."

How embarrassing, but I deserve it...

Sighing I crawl in to my bed and sit next to Loki. Placing my hands on his face and admire his beauty before I wake him. Even with the deep purples from the bruises he still is incredibly handsome. I reach up to touch his injuries that have started to heal some, but still look like they hurt.

I was terrible to him for no reason, ok really there was a reason. He did hold me in his rooms, but he did it for a reason. For me to heal, and now I get to repay him, if he will let me.

"Are you sure you don't want to let him sleep?" I say with hope.

"I would like to speak with my son, dear...If you don't mind." Frigga asks kindly.

Looking over to my mom and Frigga they smile and nod encouragingly at me. They know that this is not easy for me, and I suspect partly because of how it might force me to admit my feelings for Loki. I pull him up to a sitting a position, and hold onto his shirt to keep him there. He is so relaxed he is nothing but a noodle. Returning my gaze to him, I close the distance and place my lips on his. I hold him there until I feel him begin to respond. I can feel him wrap his arms around me, his lips part, and I do the same to him. It takes a moment or two before we realize what we are doing then we pull apart.