Chapter 11 - A Tragedy at the Palace

Loki and Thor have returned and are walking back from the stables. They chat, but Loki is somewhat disappointed that I wasn't in the stables to meet him. He knows that we are all supposed be meeting later with the others for revels, but part of him was hoping that we would have met them. All of the guys are busy chatting and sharing stories, when they round a corner and see utter chaos. People are running all directions, and there seems to be fire near the palace. Only as they get closer do they realize that part of the front entry way has been destroyed. Piles of rubble are littered about, fire still rains down from the part of the castle that once stood. Both he and Thor quicken their pace and approach to see Frigga, Eira and other healers attending to the numerous wounded.

"Mother, What? What happened?" Thor asks.

She stands and pulls both of her sons into hugs. She has some tears on her face, but also coupled with relief since they are fine. She was hoping that they were not inside at the time of the blast.

"Frigga!" comes a yell from across the courtyard.

A grey haired woman runs across the yard and hugs Frigga.

"I came back as soon as I heard...how many?" she asks.

Frigga pulls back with tears in her eyes, and speaks.

"Kathalia, my friend...." She says, and my mother looks around.

"Where is she? She can help; she said she just spent some time helping Eira today... knowing F/n she is pulling people out..."

Suddenly it hits Loki, he hasn't seen me or Sif.

"Mother, where is F/n?" he asks as calmly as he can.

My mother snaps her head to Loki. It's unlike him not to know my exact location. My mom goes over to him and touches his arm.

"Loki...what do you mean where is she? You always know each other is...." She says; Loki shakes his head and they both begin to panic. Loki closes his eyes and focuses for a moment, but cannot feel anything.

"I cannot feel her...." He says

"NO!" she screams as she runs to the pile of rubble.

"Kathalia, please...." Frigga yells, and grabs her arm and pulls her to a hug. "The guards will find her, let them work."

My mom sobs into her shoulder as Loki looks around. The injured are strewn across the courtyard. Quickly he and Thor look to see if they know anyone, they see servants they have known for years, and some friends with injuries. Loki bends down to help a few as he continues to look around for friends. But the friend he needs to see, he doesn't find; and he feels the tears start. Thor is too stunned to do anything and stands by Frigga.

"Up here!! Anyone, help!!" Sif yells from a balcony.

The guys and the mothers immediately turn to see her waving. She is bruised and covered in dirt, her clothes are ripped, hair is a mess and she's upset. She cannot get down, she's trapped in a part of palace that is blocked off by fire and it is spreading quickly.

"Lady Sif, jump, I will catch you" Thor says.

"You fool Oaf, you can't catch her" Loki yells at Thor.

"How else do you expect Lady Sif and Lady F/n to get down?" Thor asks, and he and Loki argue a bit. 

Looking around, and knowing that Thor would not catch her, Loki does the only thing he knows, he teleports to her and reappears next to Thor and the others within moments. Sif collapses onto the ground, and hangs on to Loki for a moment, sobbing into his chest.

"It's ok Sif..." Frigga says, and comforts her. "here, come with me to get you cleaned up. Where's F/n?"

Sif begins to cry and Loki moves over to hear what she has to say.