The third stage of grief

~~~

The curtains were open and light was coming into the room, shining right over my face. I struggled to go back to sleep so i woke up. It was really early in the morning. I brushed my teeth, took a shower and went downstairs to make a coffee. Bill wasn't next to me all night, i spotted him in the kitchen. He was making two coffees. He looked at me and handed me one of them. I smiled awkwardly.

"Wasn't Charlotte your best friend or something?" Bill asked im deep voice, strange.

"Yes. I mean" i stopped, "Was." I took a sip of my coffee.

"Mhm. That explains a lot." He nodded his head. He looked angry and sad at the same time.

"Why? She was looking for me or?" I said. He laughed.

"Exactly the opposite." He came closer to me and gave me a cold stare. He last looked at me like that when it was my first day here. The hell did this crazy woman had told him.

"Why did you kissed him? Was he more important or? Why didn't you back up like you did to me before? Why didn't you told me about it?" He yelled. What the fuck. So that bitch basically betrayed me. I thought we were playing, but she really hated me.

"Bill.." i sighed, "Relax and let me explain" i said calmly, trying not wake up the whole damn house, not like him.

"I am relaxed and i am listening." He shouted. He crossed his arms and his face turned red. Pretty sure 'relaxed' wasn't how he was feeling.

"Okay, please stop shouting" i said angrily, "First of all, i did back up. I didn't kiss him, he kissed me. Second of all i wanted to tell you but that whore did it before me." I said trying to calm him down.

"Oh really? Well, there is more. She said that you went to the beach, fucking together. Why? Why the beach?" He said angrily with with sad voice.

"He followed me there. I wanted to go alone. That was the actual reason why i went out. I bumped into him on my way there. He introduced himself as Mason or whatever, and just wanted to make sure i was alright." I replied. Gosh it was getting hotter an hotter in that room.

"So he just randomly followed you huh? Don't lie to me Lilly, you know how much i hate it when you lie to me." He grabbed my arm, hard. It was painful and i was in shock.

"Bill i swear i don't lie! Please let me go!" I almost started sobbing from the pain in my hand. His eyes were like fire. Continuing to go bigger and bigger. My wrist started hurting and i begged him to let me go one more time.

"Don't fucking lie to me! It will get worse if you don't stop! Stop fucking fighting Lilly, behave!" he said and then slapped my face. I started crying not from regular pain but from another one - the pain of love, the pain i never thought i would experience. A tear fell down my face.

"Bill," i sobbed, "Stop!" I yelled. He grabbed my face and looked at me.

"Stop lying" he whispered.

"I am not lying to you, fucking peace of shit! Now let me go!" I shouted.

He sighed. I was staying steps away from him, terrified. I have never seen this side of him, he had never done anything like that to me before. He broke his promise. Tears were falling down my face so fast. My wrist was hurting and my head was full with so many thoughts. Why didn't he trust me? What did Charlotte even told him? I don't know.