XIII

LORELEI

My head was pounding from the alcohol consumed last night, Mack left around four in the morning and Ruby decided to crash in the spare room, so I wasn't alone in the house. I needed to call my dad to get him to bring Cora back home.

The light seeping through the shades made me hiss as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. My head felt heavy, I was feeling sick, and I knew that I needed to sober up like now. I shouldn't have drank so much especially when I was still breastfeeding Cora.

Having a hangover and a screaming baby was something I didn't want to have in the house today. I could barely remember much about last night; I know I had way too much and that was at least my alcohol consumption for the year.

I grabbed my phone from the side, calling my dad's number. "Morning sweetheart, did you have a fun time?" His voice was soft as I groaned in response.

He chuckled softly as I buried my face into my pillow, holding the phone to my ear. "Are you able to bring Cora round... let's say in an hour?" I asked softly, lifting my head.

"I'll pick you up some food too. Sounds like you need something to soak up all the alcohol. I will bring the princess home in an hour. I love you."

"I love you too, dad. See you soon." I ended the call and buried my face back into the pillowcases, trying to remember what happened last night.

FLASHBACK

"Yooo, you've had how many shots now?" Ruby burst out in laughter as I was using Mack's stomach as a pillow. Us two girls had a lot to drink, luckily the pretzels were somewhat helping with soaking the liquor up. It's been a really long time since I had anything to drink.

"I can't remember, it's all a blur." I joined in on his laughter, I couldn't find what was funny. Maybe it was the way I could feel the room spinning and not actually seeing it. I hated these feelings; I knew it would be a problem.

I had been texting Scott all night. I was missing him so much, he would've been the soul of the party right here, he would have our ass' dancing or doing more shots than we could count. I wanted him home, I didn't care if he was on the drugs or not.

My love ❤️

I miss you a lot

I miss you too
soon. how's your
day?

started as day drinking and
now we're fucked
blame rube

I wish I was there
to see it all unfold
how's my baby doing?

She's slept most
of the day but she's been
with her grandpa

I'm glad she's
enjoying her time

         I smiled at his text. Sending him a photo I had taken while we were on a break before getting completely wasted. I needed him home, nothing felt right when he wasn't here. I would happily love him and his addiction right now, I loved him as a person not for what he was battling with.

Here's a little something
to keep you going

sent an image

I hope this has you excited
to be back home soon 🩷

you're fucking
killing me