XXVI

SCOTT

New Orleans, Louisiana

Cora giggled so loud that I was sure the entire neighborhood could hear her. The swings were her favorite thing to be pushed on, made her feel like she was flying with the ducks. "We'll see Uncle Ari today." I said to her.

"Ducky!!!" I chuckled gently, nodding at her. "Yes, ducky." She knew Aristos' name, but for some reason she started to call him ducky the moment she could talk, and it's been a funny one. Ari and I never seemed to correct her on the name.

I had left Lorelei in bed, knowing she needed the sleep. When I got up this morning, she had turned on the mattress, making me freeze almost before hearing her small snores. At least she was comfortable and wouldn't be waking up any time soon.

"Morning." A voice mumbled behind me, turning my head as I took a break from swinging Cora. My arms ached a little, we had been at this for at least an hour, but she was enjoying the morning breeze against her face. It wasn't that cold for being winter, Cora in her 5/9 jacket that I had custom made for her.

"Morning." I answered, chuckling. She was wearing my sweatpants and hoodie with her hair all in a messy bun. She must've slept good from the way she looked; the sleep lines pressed into her face. I bet she could sleep again.

It was closer to noon than morning, but I wouldn't tell Lorelei that. She seemed a little different this morning, she took over to swing Cora for me as I checked through my phone that she had handed over to me.

Elizabeth, Mom, Ari... The list goes on with those that had texted me over the course of twelve hours, Ari was having problems with Tallula, and he was asking me what he should do, I didn't know. I could barely hold down my own relationship.

"Will you be okay with Cora for a few hours? I just gotta deal with something." She finally faced me, nodding lightly with a small smile on her lips. Something must've been bothering her, but she'd tell me if there was, right?

She mumbled about something, and I quickly kissed her cheek. "I owe you, see you tonight... I love you."

"I love you too." She responded.

I left the house within ten minutes. I needed to get there; plans had changed. Elizabeth texted to be there in thirty and I still had the traffic to beat to get downtown, there is where she was wanting to meet at.

I took the Cadillac instead of the Ford in case Lorelei wanted to drive anywhere. My house wasn't exactly close to anything and driving would be a whole lot quicker, Cora's car seat was also in the Ford, and I didn't have the time to take it out and put it in the Cadillac.

The traffic wasn't too bad to my surprise, and I managed to find a spot to park in that was close to the exit. I placed my cap on my head, pulling it down to hide my eyes from the public. I didn't want any attention drawn to me and I didn't want to bump into any fans asking for pictures while I was here to cut everything from Elizabeth until she done a paternity test to show I was that child's father.

I wasn't going to let her think she could use me as a bank without any evidence, even then I would only give her child support money and not the amount that these women think they could live on.

Elizabeth was adamant that this kid was mine, after the whole wearing a fake pregnancy belly. I told her if she could prove it to me then I would be in this kid's life, but so far, she hadn't given me any solid proof of this child.

Pronto café wasn't too busy, and I wanted a coffee to wake myself up a little. I hadn't really slept in the last twenty-four hours, not with the shit that went down with Lorelei's brother, Rico. The line wasn't too long as I was able to get myself a small expresso shot. I could shoot up in the parking lot, but driving home would be suicide.