XXXV

SEVEN MONTHS LATER

New Orleans, Louisiana

It's been six months since Aristos and I had talked, the four out of those six were my ass being in rehab again. It's been difficult and I can totally understand why he wouldn't want to talk to me, being on heroin ruined a lot of my relationships between family and friends.

Each time I'd call Aristos it would go straight to voicemail, feeling alone fucking sucked especially when I didn't have my best friend to fall back onto. I started going to therapy, got medication from my doctor, and started to get my life back on track.

The perm style (MY FAVOURITE FUCKING HAIRSTYLE ERA) was officially back, and I was keeping myself off of social media for a while until I could connect back with Ari. I decided moving back to New Orleans was better for me, having my mom and dad close along with my brothers is what I needed.

The house was spacious, enough for another two kids if I wanted them. The kitchen was open plan, linking to the living room and there were three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Cora would love this place once she comes back from my mom's place. She loved spending time with my mom and pops, never giving them a hard time.

Last I heard of Aristos he had asked Tallula to marry him, they were celebrating her birthday, and he popped the question. I was proud of my cousin even if I was hearing it from different sources. He was living his life even if I wasn't in it.

FLASHBACK

I closed myself away, refusing to talk to Lorelei, Aristos, and Tallula. I needed the time to calm myself down, to blow the steam off. Lorelei had pissed me off, Joshua had spammed my messages apologizing over and over again. He didn't want us to work shit out; he didn't want a female to get in between us, and I told him to respectfully to fuck off until I felt like talking.

Cuz

hey man just checkin
up on you. Hope you're
good.

wondering if you're down
to come for Lula's birthday
would appreciate if you
could make it man.

man, I'll skip this time
I can't face everyone right now.

Lorelei n Josh are gon' be there
I ain't got the energy

sorry bro
maybe next time

Dude, you need to get over
it.

I love u man, but you
can't hate forever

Just let it go, Scott

nah the fuck is this shit
you on her side now? she's
ruining my life n you taking
her side?

fuck you bro
my own family is
against me

I thought of all people
you'd understand, fuck
you man.
read at 9:15pm

I threw my phone across the room, watching it bounce off against the wall. I'll need to replace its screen again; I've been through at least eight different ones in the last month and a half.

I grabbed my laptop, finding movers that'll help shift my things to New Orleans to make it easier for myself to move with Cora. This is my last time moving, New Orleans is the only place we'll be staying in now.