XXV

Third Person Point of View

December 15th, 2017

While everyone was fast asleep, tucked into their nice warm beds. Scott was in his makeshift studio, typing away on his computer for the next album he and Aristos had been working on. Staying up until three am finally made him want to retire for the night, being at it since five pm had mentally worn him down. He removed his headphones from his ears, listening to the silence of the world before standing from his desk.

His walk from the makeshift studio in the spare room on the left of the hall was a few steps from his daughter, Cora's room, checking in to see if the child was still soundly asleep from the events that happened the night before.

She was stretched out in her crib, sleeping peacefully from the 'monsters' that had disappeared after her dad had checked every crevice of her room. She was an innocent little girl, sometimes throwing tantrums like any other child would do, but she was the world to Scott. Three years ago, if someone had told him he would be a dad, he would have laughed and said they were joking. He couldn't see himself loving a child, afraid to mess up their life, could he handle his almost two-year-old now? Sure, sometimes other days were tougher than most.

He tugged the blanket over the small child's body saving her from catching a cold, placing a gentle kiss on her head- thinking of how he raised Cora the past two years with the help of his family. She was loved by everyone in their lives and Scott was thankful to have those people around, taking a village to raise one child.

He left her room to walk down the hall to his own where Lorelei was laid up in their king-sized bed. Hair wild across the pillows, blanket tucked between her legs as her breathing was levelled out, laying on her side; peacefully sleeping.

Scott quietly undressed himself down to his boxers, shifting the mattress underneath his body as he made himself comfortable under the clean, warm sheets. A soft content sigh left his lips as he stretched out besides Lorelei, wrapping his arm around her waist in a comfort to keep her close to him. He missed their bodies sharing a bed every night, the number of girls he slept with would never fill that empty void of his.

Lorelei turned her body to face Scott, fully awake in the darkness of his room. Their breathing matching each other's as they settled more. The silence peaceful, no awkwardness between them.

"Thank you." Each time Lorelei would talk, her voice sent butterflies into Scott's stomach making his heart skip a few beats. Lorelei was the only girl who could make him feel like this.

"Don't thank me. You deserve to see our daughter, Lore." His hand gently held her cheek. If there was light in the room, Scott would see what his little actions did to Lorelei. Her cheeks burned under his touch, almost like the first time he had touched her in such a loving way.

Scott blamed himself for letting her go, and for her addiction. He always wondered if he had treated her a little better through his addiction would she have turned to it? Would he have been able to help her out of the addiction that Kevin had got her into? He was pissed that his cousin had become a close friend to Courtney, almost begging Aristos to talk his little sister into not being friends with her. He couldn't watch another loved one fall into a trap that they had created for Lore.

"I meant, thank you for not giving up on me." She mumbled softly, his gaze softening to her words. His heart weakened at her words.

He was this strong guy, New Orleans raised, bad guy but when it came to her or his daughter, Scott was completely different. Everything didn't matter to him; those two girls were the only people who mattered to him. They were the light in his life, saving him from himself and Lorelei never knew it.