XXX

12 HOURS LATER

We had our bags packed, and in Mexico within six hours. We took Rico's jet, and since he had connections in Mexico, we were able to get out there faster, and have a place to stay. I felt like I was in a reality tv show, almost like escaping the Amish. Sneaking out of Los Angeles to get into Mexico to find the love of my life.

I ran my hand through my hair as I settled into the room that I would be staying in the next few days. I could tell we were staying in a place that the Cartel owned, and my ass wasn't going to walk around the grounds and see shit that I ain't supposed to.

My balcony view overlooked the drive and garden grounds, this place was a fucking mansion. People really paid to stay here for the looks of luxury, and I guess it looked great for their social medias. Something that I never cared for, I didn't care about the money, I cared about my family, taking care of them all.

"So, Scott." Rico's voice came from behind me as I took a long draw from my blunt, turning my head to the side for him to come into view. I was enjoying this blunt in peace, trying to calm every single nerve in my body. I couldn't bring my drugs, but luckily Rico had his weed with him.

"We're going to get Lorelei to come here, she's a sex worker out here." I kissed my teeth, exhaling the smoke through my nostrils as I nodded my head. Nice to see what you've been doing with your life Lore.

I spent over a year hating on her for leaving, but right now I only cared for Cora. I wanted my child home with me, she didn't need to be in Mexico around all this shit. I wanted her here now, but it's five am. Had I slept since being here? No. Did I plan to? Not until I had my daughter here.

"What do you want to do about Lorelei?" Rico pulled a Cuban cigar from a box, lighting the end of his as he offered one, I declined. I was happy with my blunt that I earlier on.

"I don't know, but I know I ain't want shawty around me until I'm calm. I care about my daughter, and that's it, ain't no shit with her. Anything I had with her is gone." I was lying to the both of us, seeing Lorelei would send me into bitch mode and I'd be at her feet, but I ain't gone let that happen this time.

"I see how close you and Aristos are." He commented. I shrugged my shoulders; Aristos was my brother and if anyone ever tried to tear us apart... they'd know about it.

"He's my bloodline, my rock when shit gets hard. He had me down when I was losing my shit when Lorelei left with Cora, now he's a real brother." I put my blunt out on the stone ledge then stepped down and turned to lean against it to look at Rico better.

"How'd you find her?" I asked him. Why did she come to Mexico? She knew very little Spanish and Cora knew nothing of it. I'd have to call my mom at some point, but I'm too focused on getting Cora back.

"I have connections, they saw her a few months ago at a club, but they needed to make sure it was her and the evidence to collect for us." He knew for a while, but I get it.

I inhaled deeply before exhaling through my nose. "What time is she getting here, and how is this plan getting executed?"

Rico chuckled lightly. "Everyone fears the Cartel here in Mexico, we sent a few people to her, and they saw the child was there... she'll bring the child, the nanny... let us say she's out of work for the rest of her life. She'll be here by noon."

I didn't want to know what he meant by that, I only nodded. I rubbed my scarred-up knuckles, these few years I haven't been myself— neglected my well-being and let the old me take over shit. I wasn't proud of myself, but I had to do it to protect myself.

Below us we could hear Aristos snoring away with his doors wide open, this bitch must've needed his sleep. I chuckled quietly, running my hand through my dreads once again. Lil cutthroat had been around for a really long time, running the streets, making money and in general just not giving a shit about anything.