I Love You Part 1

Alice's POV

I don't know what happened. One minute she was there and the next it was like everything involving Lacey had disappeared. Carlisle thinks that it might have something to do with the Wolves. He thinks that if Lacey is down on the reservation that I might not be able to see anything about her. I couldn't take the chance though. I had to know for certain that everything was okay with her.

I hopped on a plane in New York and flew out to Forks. I told Esme and Carlisle that if Edward showed up to block their thoughts from him because I didn't know what I was going to find when I came out here and that there was no point in telling him anything until we knew for sure. When I made it to Forks I ran to our house so that I could grab a car. I drove over to Lacey's house and parked down the street. Her truck wasn't in the driveway. Maybe Carlisle was right. But I decided to wait for a bit to see if she came home.

After waiting for a couple of hours, Lacey's truck finally pulled into the driveway. There was a guy with her. Maybe Edward had been right about us leaving...that she'd move on and live a normal life. They climbed out of the truck. He said something to her and she started looking around. She looked right at me. I climbed out of the car and made my way over to her. "Alice!" She said. I nodded and she ran to me throwing her arms around me and hugging me tight. When she broke from the hug, she looked at me. "What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"You disappeared from my visions. I wanted to make sure that you were okay." I told her.

She turned back to the guy that was standing by her truck. "Jake, come meet Alice." She said. I could hear him grunt, but never the less, he walked over. "Jake this is Alice; Alice this is Jake." Lacey said, introducing us.

Right away I could tell that he was a Wolf, he had the smell of a wet dog. But when I looked over into his eyes, it was as if nothing else mattered. The only thing that I could do was stare at him.

Lacey's POV

Uh-oh. I looked between Jake and Alice and it was like there was this forcefield around them. I knew what had happened. Jake had imprinted on Alice. I needed to call Paul. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and quickly called him. "Babe, now's not a good time. We picked up a vampire scent near the Cullen's old house." Paul said.

"That' why I'm calling. One of the Cullens is here." I said.

"Are you okay? Where's Jake?" He asked me. I could hear the anger in his voice even though it wasn't directed towards me.

"He's here. That's why I'm calling. Paul, Jake imprinted on Alice!" I said. I think that Paul was in just as much shock as I was. "Babe?" I said.

"I'm here. We'll be there shortly. Gonna have to use your house as neutral ground till we figure this out." Paul said.

"That's fine. Just hurry. I don't know what to do." I said before I hung up.

The three of us were still standing in my driveway ten minutes later when some of the pack showed up at the edge of the woods. Paul greeted me first, kissing the top of my head. Quil and Sam were right behind him. "Where are the others?" I asked curious about Jared and Embry.

"They're at the border." Sam told me.

I nodded. "I didn't know what else to do. Has anything like this ever happened before? A vampire and a wolf?" I asked.

Sam shrugged. "I don't know. We'll have to talk to Old Quil." Sam said mentioning my great Uncle.

Jacob's POV

It was incredible. I mean it was no secret that to us wolves, that vampires had a sickly sweet scent to us but when my eyes met Alice's and I realized that I had imprinted on her, it was like she no longer smelled like a vampire. To me she smelled like honey. She smelled like the best smell in the whole world.