The News

Becky's POV

I still couldn't believe that Jared and I had been together for 6 years. Some days it felt like it was only yesterday and other days it felt like forever. I'd asked Emily and Kim about it once and they said that it was the same for them. We figured that it was part of the imprint. We'd all been completely surprised when Paul had marked Kim. She'd had a crush on Jared for years and we were hoping that she wasn't going to try and cause problems for anyone.

Today though was going to a good day. I'd recently gotten some good news and today I was going to share it with Jared. While Jared was working with Sam I'd gone to the grocery store and bought all of his favorite foods. Of course he'd know that something was up when he saw them but I didn't care. It would make him happy and hopefully he'd be happy about what I had to tell him.

That night, I cooked all of Jared's favorite foods, I'd even bought his favorite beer. I heard Jared before I saw him. "Something smells great!" He called from the door.

"Well why don't you come in here and see what it is." I said, laughing.

Jared walked into the kitchen and looked at the table. He had a big smile on his face. "This is all of my favorites." He said and I nodded.

"Yep. Now sit." I said.

He sat down at the table and began to fix his plate. I sat down across from him and did the same. We ate and talked about our days. I told him about my shopping trip with Emily and he told me about the stupid antics that the guys were up to.

After dessert Jared and I settled in on the couch like we did every night when he didn't have to patrol. "Now do you want to tell me what's going on?" He said.

I sat up from my spot and turned to face him. "Okay so you know how I had that stomach flu last week?" I asked him and he nodded. "It wasn't the stomach flu." I said. I grabbed the picture off the coffee table and handed it to him.

He looked at it. "Is this what I think it is?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'm pregnant."