Her Highness?

Ava's POV

It's been 50 years since I was turned into a vampire and I joined the Volturi. It's crazy how it all happened. Edward and the rest of the Cullen's had been gone for about 6 months when everything happened. Victoria and Laurent were passing through Forks to see if the Cullen's were still protecting me, when they stumbled across me in the meadow where Edward and I used to go. When I told Victoria that they'd left me and that I wasn't Edward's mate, she decided to change me. She told me that she'd get her revenge on Edward another way. When my transformation was complete, Victoria thought that I might be of some use to Aro so we headed to Volterra. When we arrived, Aro was immediately intrigued with me. He decided to claim me as his daughter, therefore making me Ava Volturi, Princess of Volterra. The kings were immediately impressed with my self-control. Aro (daddy) said that he'd never seen anything like it. I spent the next 50 years training. I worked on my combat skills with Felix and Demetri and sometimes even Jane. Jane and I became closer after I found out that Alec was my mate. He tried to fight it for 10 years before he finally gave in and kissed me. We've been together ever since.

Daddy thinks that enough time has finally passed since I was turned that he can finally introduce me to the rest of the vampire world as their princess. Daddy was throwing a ball in my honor. Daddy said that he didn't tell any of the covens that were coming my name so that it would be a surprise. I was quite anxious myself. It completely shocked me when he told me that the Cullen's were coming. I was so pissed off when Daddy told me that I bolted from the throne room before anyone could blink. It took Alec almost 2 hours to find me. He finally found me sitting on top of the castle. He sat beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side. "It'll be okay." Alec said. The only thing I could do was nod.

The closer it got to the ball, the more nervous I got. Jane, Heidi, Chelsea and I had gone shopping for our dresses for the ball. I picked up a tie for Alec that would match my dress. When we got back from shopping, I found my mother, Sulpicia, sitting on my bed. "Mother." I said, placing my shopping bags on my bed.

"Daughter. I wanted to check on you. Your father mentioned that you were upset about the Cullen's coming to the ball." Mother said.

I nodded. "I just don't understand why they have to come." I said, as I began to hang up my dresses.

"They're coming because your father has requested it. He's requested that they come so that Edward can realized what a mistake he made leaving you all those years ago." Mother said.

I turned to look at her and I raised an eyebrow. "So, daddy is expected drama...of course he is." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Not exactly. But never the less, you know your father...he does have a flair for the dramatics." Mother said before she stood up. "Just remember...show them no weakness." She said before she left my room.

The night of the ball, Jane helped me get ready. When we were ready to head to the grand hall, Jane helped me with my cloak. When we were ready, Jane walked with me down to the great hall and Alec would escort me inside. I pulled my hood up and waited for daddy to announce me. I had imagined so many times how it would feel when daddy finally introduced me to the vampire world but I never imagined that I would feel as nervous as I did in that moment. Alec reached over and gently squeezed my hand.

When the grand hall doors opened, I heard daddy say, "Mia figlia Ava Volturi (My daughter Ava Volturi), your princess."

Alec escorted me through the doors and over to where Daddy was standing in front of the thrones (where mine now joined the others) with Uncle Marcus and Uncle Caius. Alec and I stopped right in front of daddy and I removed my hood. Daddy gently placed my tiara that mother and I delicately picked out. Once it was on my head, Daddy took my hand and turned me around so that everyone could see me. There were several gasps throughout the room, before the crowd parted and I noticed the Cullen's approached us. "Ava?Who did this to you?" Edward growled while a strawberry blonde joined his side.

I clutched onto Alec's arm while I looked up at Edward. "You might want to correct your tone Mr. Cullen. Or are you going by Masen again?" I asked.

The blonde looked shocked that I would speak to him like that. "I see that I've been replaced." Edward growled.

Alec scoffed next to me. I gently rubbed his arm with my free hand. "Oh honey, you replaced me long before I replaced you. Remember? You're the one that left me. It took Alec a good 10 years before he gave into our mating bond. I'm the one that pursued him not the other way around. But you..." I said trailing off for a moment. "It took you all of three weeks before you replaced me...after you left me." I told him.

He looked stunned that I knew this information. Carlisle stepped up beside Edward. "Ava, who turned you?" Carlisle asked me.

I turned slightly to look at Carlisle and I gave him a small smile. "6 months after you left Forks, Victoria and Laurent were passing through. Victoria was hell bent on revenge...you know because Edward killed James. She wanted to kill me, but when she found out that I had just been Edward's...pet, she decided that turning me would be a better revenge. Once my transformation was complete, she thought that I would make a lovely addition to Aro's guard. When I arrived Aro decided that I would make the perfect Volturi Princess. The rest is history." I told them.

"What happened to Victoria? And Laurent?" Carlisle asked.

I looked over at Jane and she nodded. "Laurent is a member of the guard. He's mated to Chelsea, so I'd be careful what you say about him. As for Victoria," I said as the doors opened again. "She's my personal bodyguard." I said, looking towards the doors where Victoria was standing with Jane.

"That's right. I'm her bodyguard, so I would suggest that you take a few steps back." Victoria said, making her way over to where we were standing.

I turned back to look at Edward again. "Ava, please don't do this. Just come with me and we'll leave this place." Edward said.

"I believe that you meant to address her as your highness." Victoria growled.

I smirked at Edward. "I'm not going anywhere with you. This is my home. This is my family. This is where my mate is. Remember Edward, you kick-started all of these events 50 years ago when you left me. But like I said...You replaced me." I said. I turned to look at Alec. "Fancy a dance with me?" I asked him.

Alec smiled at me. "Always." Alec said, holding his hand out for me. Alec led me out to the dance floor as the music began. He pulled me into his arms as we swayed to the music. "I think that you handled that well." Alec said.

"I can handle anything with you by my side." I said.

"You know, I've been doing some thinking lately." Alec said.

"Oh yeah. And what have you been thinking?" I asked.

Alec twirled me around before bringing me back close. "Well...I was thinking that maybe we could do some travelling." He said.

"Travelling. Alec, you never want to go anywhere unless Daddy is sending you on a mission." I said, surprised.

"Yes, well this would be a special trip." He said.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I was hoping that the trip might be a celebration." Alec stopped dancing and we just stood there.

Okay now I was really confused. "Alec, what are you talking about?" I asked.

Alec reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring. "I was hoping that the trip might be celebration because Av...I love you. I know that at first I pushed you away and I will never be able to make up that missed time but one thing I do know is that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. And I know that it has taken me a while to figure out but I need you to that I would really love it if you would spend the rest of eternity as my wife." Alec said as he held up the ring he pulled out of his pocket.

If I could have cried I would have. I looked over at Daddy where her was standing with Mother and they both nodded. I turned back to Alec and I nodded. "Where are we going on this trip?" I asked before he crushed his lips to mine.

When he pulled back, I looked up at him and for the second time in the 40 years that we had been together I saw his eyes sparkle. "I love you." He said.

I reached up and placed my hand on his cheek. "I love you...so much." I said.