My Father's Daughter

Vickie's POV

Everyone thinks that they know my story, but in truth they don't. You see, Charlie Swan isn't my father, actually he's just a local that I compelled into thinking that he was my father while I did the work of my real father... Marcus Volturi. An old acquaintance of my father and uncles had moved to the area where Charlie lived and they were unsure his coven's intentions. So I pretended to be a mortal while I figured out what they were up to. I started dating Edward in an attempt to get closer to him and the rest of the coven. About a month into dating Edward, we headed to the meadow with his family (coven) to play baseball. Unfortunately, some nomads found us and I quickly put up my shield so that they wouldn't know that I was a vampire.

After a few months, Edward broke up with me saying that he never loved me. I used this as an opportunity to go home and see my family. It had been almost a year since I'd been home to Volterra to see my family. Walking into Volterra, I felt at peace. I was finally home.

I walked into the throne room and bowed before the kings. "Father, Uncles." I said.

"Welcome home, Isabella." Uncle Aro said.

I stood up, and nodded. "Thank you." I said.

"What news do you have for us?" He asked me.

"I did as you asked Uncle Aro. They revealed themselves to me, but there was one that was leery about doing it." I said.

"Thank you Daughter." My father said.

"Yes, thank you Vickie. Your dismissed. I'm sure that Demetri will be pleased to see you." Uncle Caius said.

I nodded. I exited the throne room and made my way down the hall to where mine and Demetri's room was. I stopped in front of the door and listened. I could hear him playing the guitar. "He's missed you." I heard behind me.

I turned around to see my best friend standing there. "Hello to you too, Jane." I said.

"You've been missed." She said.

"I'm sure I have. Now if you'll excuse me." I said. I turned back around and slowly opened the door.

I stepped inside and quietly closed the door behind me. "No need to be quiet. I knew you were here the moment you stepped through the front doors." Demetri said.

He stood up from the couch and turned to face me. I tilted my head to the side. "Then why didn't you come to greet me?" I asked.

He stepped closer to me, slowly closing the distance between us. "Because you had business to attend to." I nodded.

"And now?" I asked seductively.

"And now..." He said, closing the remaining distance between us. "Now, I get to show you just how much I've missed you." He said.

A little while later, Dem and I were laying in our bed. "I take it your back for good?" He asked me.

I nodded from where I was laying on his chest. "Or until my next mission."

"Good."

The months went by and there was no word from Carlisle or his coven. My father and the other Kings began to worry that they might be plotting something especially once they found out that I wasn't in Forks anymore. One particular day, Dem and I had just returned from hunting when my father summoned me to the throne room. When I entered, I bowed before the kings. "Father, Uncles." I said.

"Daughter, good. We've received a call from Carlisle that Edward might be making his way here. They've discovered that your no longer in Forks, and Edward was devastated." My father said.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"We wait. I'm hoping that he won't cause any problems and that we won't have to take any action." Uncle Aro said.

"But what if we do?" I asked.

"Then we'll handle it."

Days went on as normal, which turned into weeks which in turn turned into months. Finally one day, Dem, Jane and I were summoned to the throne room along with Felix and Alec. "Father." I said bowing.

"Father?" I heard from the center of the room. I turned and faced the person that was talking. It was Edward.

"Edward." I said calmly.

"Vickie...What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"This is my family. My father is one of the kings." I said.

"But that can't be. You're a human." Edward said.

I pulled my hood down, wrapping my arm around Dem's. "That's where your wrong. I was never human. I'm over 2,000 years old." I told Edward.

His jaw dropped. He was shocked. "Your -" He was speechless.

"I'm the Volturi Princess." I told him. "Volterra is my home."

As I tightened my grip on Dem's arm, I noticed that Edward was glaring at Dem. "Take your hands off of her." Edward said.

"Never. She's my mate." Dem said.

Edward growled at Dem. "No, she's not. She's mine." Edward said.

I shook my head. "No Edward, I'm not. Dem has been my mate for over 300 years. Ask Carlisle, he's the one that introduced us." I said.

Edward stumbled backward. "He what? You mean, he knew who you were?" Edward asked.

I nodded, letting go of Dem's arm. He raised an eyebrow at me. I nodded. He took a step back. I walked over and stood in front of Edward. "Edward, my father has seen it. The bond that you and I have is that of friendship, nothing more. Your mate is out there but it isn't me." I said.

Edward looked deep in thought for a minute. "Carlisle and the others are in New York. Maybe I'll do some traveling. Clear my head." He said.

I smiled at him. "I think that would be good." I said.

Edward took his leave. I turned to look at my father and my uncles. "Well that could have gone worse." I said, laughing. They joined in.