I Love you - Part 2

Lacey's POV

This was definitely one of those times that I was glad that Charlie wasn't here. I stood there on the front porch as everyone arrived. Carlisle, Esme, Rose and Emmett climbed out of one car while Edward climbed out of the second one. I glanced at the woods and saw the pack walking out of the woods in the human form. To my surprise everyone was there. "Lacey , good to see you." Carlisle said.

I smiled at him. "Good to see you as well." I said.

It was then that he noticed the wolves. "What's going on here?" Carlisle asked.

I looked over at Sam and he nodded. "Well, you see...we're using my house as neutral territory while some things get worked out...with the treaty." I said.

"What needs to be worked out? The treaty has been in place since 1936, so again what needs to be worked out?" Carlisle asked and I could sense he was starting to get worked up.

"Carlisle," I said getting his attention, "Jacob...imprinted...on...Alice." I said slowly.

Carlisle's eyes went from gold to black instantly. "Nobody move." Alice said.

Alice's POV

I could see it in Carlisle's eyes...anger. It didn't happen often. I'd only seen it a handful of times and usually directed towards Edward. This time it involved me. "Carlisle, look at me." I said to him, trying to get him to focus on me. He turned his attention to me. "It's okay. We all just want to talk about it. That's why we're meeting here." I said. I could physically see Carlisle relax. His eyes went back to their gold color.

"I do apologize. I am so sorry." Carlisle said looking around at the group. "Now where were we?" He asked.

"Sam would like to sit down with me, you and Jacob and work out details of a new type of treaty so to speak." I told Carlisle. He nodded. "Everyone else will be nearby outside. This way nobody gets overwhelmed on either side." I said to everyone.

Lacey's POV

While Sam, Alice, Jake and Carlisle were inside going over details over everything that I'm sure Alice had seen to be able to make the conversation easier, the rest of us stood around outside. Embry and Jared stood near the side of the house while Quil came to stand near me and Paul. Across from us, I could see Edward trying to get inside Paul's head. I glared at him. "Edward stop it." I said.

He tilted his head to the side. "Why can't I see inside your head mutt?" Edward asked.

Paul's grip on me slightly tightened. Not enough to hurt, but enough to keep himself from getting angry. "None of your business." Paul growled.

I turned in Paul's arms so that I could see his face. He looked down at me. "Hey, it's okay. Relax." I said, and he let out a deep breath. "Do you need to go for a short run?" I asked, knowing that it usually helped.

"I'm not leaving you." He said in a calmer voice.

"I'll be okay. Jared's here." I said knowing that Paul trusted Jared to keep me safe. Jared walked over to join us and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe a short run would help." Paul finally said.

I leaned up and gave him a quick kiss. "Go. I'll be fine." I said. He nodded, letting go of me. I watched him run into the woods. I turned back to face my former family with Quil on one side and Jared on the other.

"Lacey?" I heard Esme say. I turned to look at her. "You look happy." She said.

I smiled and nodded at her. "I am. I'm very happy. A lot has changed since you guys left." I told her.