He Didn't Want Me!

Nova's POV

Things haven't exactly been a piece of cake the last five years. After Edward and the rest of the family left, things got really bad. I was practically a zombie for months before I started spending time with Jake and his friends down in La Push. Imagine my surprise when I slapped one of Jake's friends for being a jerk and he turned into a horse sized wolf. Apparently I can't get away from the supernatural world. Jake and I dated for a while after he convinced me that we'd be great together. It didn't last long because he ended up imprinting on Angela Webber. That was a shocker! They couldn't be different from each other. The crazy thing was when we split up I ended up becoming friends with Paul. We became friends and after a while we realized that we had some crazy sexual tension between us. Our friendship turned into some strange version of friends with benefits. It stayed that way til my sophomore year in college when he ended up imprinting on Rachel Black. He thought that I was going to be mad but I wasn't. I wanted Paul to be happy and I knew that with the imprint that he could be happy with Rachel.

After graduating from Forks High, I got accepted to the University of Washington in Seattle. Renee wasn't thrilled that I was staying in Washington but after a while she got over it. Charlie was a different story. He was thrilled that I was staying close by. Things changed however the summer between sophomore and junior year of college. I'd come home for the weekend and Charlie was working a late shift when he'd got a call about a robbery. When he'd responded to the call, the guy had shot him in the head. It had been a hard time. After Charlie's funeral, I'd spent some time travelling not really wanting to be around anyone. Surprisingly, Paul had been the one to comfort me. It was shortly after he'd imprinted on Rachel. When I'd tried to protest, Rachel had stopped me and told me that I needed him more than she did at that moment. I'd been grateful. Paul had spent two weeks with me before I'd made him go home and back to Rachel.

I spent the next two years focusing strictly on school. I'd majored in English and minored in Native American history. After graduation I rented an apartment in Seattle, not ready to go back to the house in Forks just yet. I'd found a job at a bookstore. I mean I didn't have to work, I had money from Charlie's life insurance policy so I felt like I could work in a job that I would actually enjoy. I'd spent the last year of my life working in the bookstore. The owner had offered to sell it to me, claiming that he was ready to retire but that he wanted to make sure that someone would keep it as a bookstore.

Unfortunately, my clumsiness got the better of me which is how I am where I am now...the emergency room. I'd been standing on a ladder at the store stocking some books when I slipped and I fell. Fortunately, the owner of the book store was able to bring me to the emergency room. So now I was sitting here waiting for the doctor to come in. The nurse said that he shouldn't be long. So here I was sitting and waiting.

Carlisle POV

It took me a while to realize that we never should have left Forks. Once we left that was when everything changed. Edward was the first to leave the family. He was so depressed that we'd had to leave Nova that he couldn't stand to be around the rest of us. At first when he'd left he'd travelled for a while. But after about a year, he'd decided to go to Alaska. The irony wasn't lost on me. Tanya had tried to convince him years ago that they were mates but he just didn't want to believe it. After he'd been in Alaska for 6 months, he called me and told me that he'd finally given in and accepted Tanya as his mate.

Esme was the second to leave our family. At first I thought that she'd wanted to leave because of Edward. She'd always managed to coddle him during the tough times. It wasn't until she told me that she didn't believe that we were true mates, that I realized that all these years she'd just been my companion. Even though it hurt to see her go, I wished her all the happiness. I also told her that she'd always have a home wherever I was.