He left me!

Edward POV

It had been 6 months since I'd left Forks and Nova. I'm When I'd demanded to the family that we leave Forks, the only one that had been happy about it was Rose. It wasn't exactly a secret that Rose didn't like Nova but I didn't think that she'd be happy about leaving Forks. Carlisle didn't understand why I wanted to leave Nova and I couldn't exactly tell him the truth. I knew that if I did that he'd be disappointed in me.

Once I told the family that we needed to leave Forks, they all packed up and left. I was the last one to leave...and that was after I broke up with Nova. I'd never seen her so heartbroken. But I knew that us...mainly me leaving was for the best.

When I'd first left, I'd done some traveling. Visiting places that I hadn't seen in years. Then I headed to Alaska to check in with the family. Well, Carlisle and Alice mainly. I'd told Alice in secret to keep an eye out for Nova's future and if anything major happened to let me know. After visiting with the family and checking in with Alice, I headed down to South America. I spent the next few months down there. That is until I got a call from Alice. She said that something wasn't right and that she thought that I should go to Forks and check on Nova. "What are you talking about Alice?" I asked her.

"I can't explain it. There's something blocking my visions but I have this feeling that something is wrong." She said.

I told her that I would head to Forks and let her know what I found.

When I arrived in Forks, I headed for the tree line by her house. I picked up the scent of wet dog. The wolves were back. I remembered when Carlisle had signed the treaty. But I hoped that Nova wasn't hanging around with them. Alice...she said that something was blocking her visions. Could it be the wolves? I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Carlisle. "Edward."

"Carlisle, there's wolf stench all over Nova's yard." I told him.

"Have you talked to her?" He asked me.

I sighed. "Not yet. What if Alice was wrong?" I asked.

"You won't know until you talk to her." He said and hung up.

Charlie was home so I knew that it wasn't a good idea for me to knock on the front door. When I saw her bedroom light cut on, I knew that it was time. I made my way to her window but I heard her talking to someone. I sat next to her window and listened. "Jared...stop." She said giggling. Nova never giggled.

"Come on...Charlie's asleep." The person, I assumed was Jared said.

I quietly inched the window up. I couldn't let him have her. Then I smelled it. Wolf. I jumped into the room. "Get away from her." I said.

Nova turned around and looked at me. Jared gently pushed her behind him. "Edward?" She said and I nodded. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Alice had a vision but she couldn't see clearly." I said.

"Well, as you can see...I'm fine." She said clutching onto Jared's arm.

I glared at the wolf. "I said to get away from her." I told him again.

"Not happening." He growled. I peeked into his head. I saw flashes. He'd imprinted on Nova. She was his mate. Not mine.

"You imprinted on her." I said relaxing my stance.

He nodded. "I did. I know how you feel about her but I will protect her with my life." He said.

I nodded. I looked at Nova. "I'm sorry for everything." I said. Then I jumped out of the window and ran to Alaska. I needed to talk to Alice.

Nova's POV

I couldn't believe that he'd showed up here. And on top of it...it was like he and Jared had, had a mental conversation. I knew that Jared had shown him some memories of us. When Edward left I backed away from Jared.

"What is it?" He asked me.

"What did you show him?" I asked, looking into his eyes. All I saw was love and devotion. It was all I ever saw in his eyes.

He sighed. "I showed him the day that I imprinted on you." He said. I nodded. "I needed him to know that despite what he knows about wolves that I wouldn't ever let anything happen to you." Jared said.

I closed the distance between us. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I know that you wouldn't." I said.

"How do you feel about him showing up here?" He asked as he led me over to my bed and we laid down.

"I don't feel anything about it. He left me. He lost me." I said as I rolled over and faced him. "You have me. You'll always have me." I said.

"I love you Nova." He said.

"And I love you Jared." I said, laying my head on his chest and closing my eyes.