You Were The Love Of My Life

Casey's POV

It's been four years since I've been home. Normally Charlie would come up to Seattle to see me. He always worried about me making the drive. However, this time is different. I recently graduated from college and now I've got a job interview on the Rez for a teaching job at the high school. The only person that I've spoken to from the Rez was Emily. She usually kept me up to date on everything that was going on with the pack. She'd even sent me pictures from Leah and Jake's wedding (that one had shocked me). That made four wolves that had settled down; Sam and Emily, Jared and Kim, Paul and Rachel, and Jake and Leah. Emily had even sent me pictures when she found out that she was pregnant. The sad part was that it ended in a miscarriage. There was always one person that she never mentioned. Him.

As I drove the familiar roads through Forks towards my childhood home, I couldn't help but think about him. Would he be happy to see me around the Rez or would he be angry. I was hoping that Emily or Sam would tell him that I was back before the bonfire that night that Sam and Emily were throwing for my homecoming. When I pulled into the driveway, Charlie was waiting for me. I cut the engine to my car and stepped out. "Dad." I said.

"Hey kid. I'm happy your home finally." Charlie said. I smiled at him. "Um...I have to tell you something."

I looked at him skeptically. "What is it, Dad?" I said.

"You have a visitor. He's in the living room. I'm going to the diner." Dad said before kissing my cheek.

I made my way into the house. I walked into the living and was surprised to see him standing there. "Hi." I said quietly, knowing perfectly well that he could hear me.

He turned around from looking at the pictures on the mantle to face me. "Emily told me you were coming home. You look good." He said.

I smiled at him. "Thanks. You too. I wasn't sure how you would feel about me coming home." I said.

"It never about you not coming home, I just didn't like the fact you were leaving." He said.

"I'm sorry that I left the way that I did. I shouldn't have." I said.

"It's not entirely your fault. I shouldn't have given you the ultimatum like I did." He said.

I nodded. "We both made mistakes." I said to him.

"Yeah. We did. I should get back but I'll see you tonight?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah. I just need to unpack and then I'm heading down." I told him.

After he left, I quickly unpacked and got ready to head down to the Rez. It was nice that Quil had been there to greet me when I got home but it brought up all of the unresolved feelings that I still had for him. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to handle it.

When I got to First Beach, everybody came over and greeted me. Kim and Emily were the happiest to see me. A little while after I got there, Em and I took a walk down the beach. "How are you doing?" She asked me.

I shrugged. "He was at my house." I said.

"What?"

"Quil. He was at my house when I got home today. He apologized for the ultimatum. I apologized for leaving the way that I did. We realized that we both made mistakes." I said.

"That's understandable. Did you tell him about the job?" She asked me.

I shook my head. "No. I mean, I don't even know if I'll get it." I said.

"Your right but he's needs to know that you're gonna be on the Rez a lot." She said.

"I know. You're right."

Later that night when the bonfire was dying down I found myself sitting on the beach thinking about how things were when Quil and I were together. We used to sit on the beach a lot. "Penny for your thoughts?" He asked me, sitting beside me.

"Just thinking about how things used to be." I said.

"I missed you too, Casey." He said.

I looked over at him. "You were the love of my life that I never got over. I didn't see anybody while I was at school. I came back because I got a job interview at the high school." I told him.

"In Forks?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No here." I said.

The next thing I knew, Quil was pulling me into his lap and kissing me with so much passion. When he pulled back, he cupped my face with his hands. "Casey, I love you so much and I'm never letting you go again."

"You better not." I said.