Chapter 8: Miles Meets George Stacy

Language Warning: 18+ Included

Miles POV:

I am nervous as hell, usually people don't meet their friends parents unless they're dating. With Gwen, after realizing how much of her I've drawn in my sketchbook, that and how much I missed her since the collider, I think it's a pretty fair bet that I have feelings for Gwen.....but I don't know if she feels the same. I'm nervous meeting Gwen's father, I don't know why but I am. Maybe it's because of the fact that in some random turn of events Gwen does have feelings for me and we start dating, what if he doesn't approve or me dating her? What if he doesn't like me? What if he doesn't like me just being her friend? My mind is racing circles until I start hearing Gwen saying, "Miles we're here!" I immediately break out of my trance and walk with her to find her dad. We get to her dads room, and if I wasn't nervous then, I'm hella nervous now. Gwen's dad says to her as we walk in, "Hey, there's my little girl!" Gwen is so filled with emotions, she runs up to him and hugs the hell out of him and rightfully so. She almost lost her father, I don't know what I would do if I lost my dad. Gwen and her dad talk for about 20 minutes and catch up on everything he missed, then he sees me standing in the corner just letting them have their peace. He says, "Gwen who's your friend?" She says, "Dad this is Miles!" "Oh the kid you met on your vacation?" "Yeeaahhh...my vacation." I walk up to him and he throws out his hand and I shake it, he asks me, "What's your name kid?" I say, "Miles..Miles Morales. So great to meet you Mr. Stacy." "Pleasure's all mine, but please, call me George." Me, Gwen, and George talk for hours on end, and then Gwen remembers the reason why she came here. She looks at me and tells me, "Hey, its time." I nod and sits next to Gwen to help calm her nerves as she begins, "Dad, there is something I need to tell you that I haven't been able to for the past 3 years. I...I...(looks at me) I could tell how nervous she was and before I could even think I place my hand on hers and she holds it. I don't know why I held her hand, I really don't. I didn't think before I did it, but when she grabbed my hand and squeezed it, she never let go of it. It was at that moment that I knew I officially had feelings for Gwen, and my heart was exploding in my chest.

Gwen POV:

Little does Miles know that I really appreciated him holding my hand, and it was then that I realized that I had strong feelings for Miles, but I will wait to tell him later...i just hope he feels the same.

Miles POV:

As I'm holding her hand, I feel sparks in our hands merging together and I see and feel her nerves dying down and she starts to smile. Then she continues, "Dad I...I...I'm...Spider Woman."(she unzips her jacket and reveals her suit). George looks in confusion at first and then smiles and says, "Oh I know!" Gwen and I look at him in confusion and disbelief, Gwen asks him, "How did you know?" He says, "About 5 months ago when you left for band practice, I walked into your room to get your laundry and noticed the your drum was open. When I looked I saw the suit that Spider Woman wears and I put two and two together and realized that you're Spider Woman." Gwen then breathes a sigh of relief and says, "Oh, well.....surprise!" All of us start laughing and then after a few moments, George then says, "Wanna know how else I found out you're Spider Woman?" He then looks at me and tells me to go pull out the item in his jacket pocket. I pull it out and see that its a picture of me and Gwen on the bus headed to May's house from Alchemax back from a year ago. When I see the picture, I start smiling and blushing and wonder why she still has this picture. Gwen then asks me, "What is it Miles?" I then show her the picture and she starts blushing as bright as a strawberry. Gwen says to herself, "I totally forgot a printed a second picture to give to Miles." George notices and starts to smile, realizing that there is something between them and he knows it. I put the picture back into his jacket pocket when he asks me, "Hey Miles, could me and Gwen possibly have some time alone, I need to talk to her about her Spider Woman business." I nod and say, "Of course, take as much time as you need, I'll go ahead and head out and leave you guys be." Before I leave Gwen stops me and runs into my arms and holds me tight. I ask if she's alright and she responds with tears of joy in her eyes, "Yeah I'm great, I just wanted to thank you for this, for everything you did for me today." I tell her, "It's no problem Gwen, when my friends are not themselves, its up to me to help them in their time of need. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's a Morales thing, it was something my mom and dad taught me to do." Gwen smiled and said, "That's a lovely way of looking at things Miles." When she lets go of me, I tell George again that it was nice to meet him, he nods and says, "Nice to meet you too Miles, hope to see you again soon." Before I leave Gwen grabs my hand and thanks me again. Before I could think again, I bring her hand up to my lips and kiss it. Gwen blushes heavily, and after realizing what I just did, I quickly let go and leave without saying a word.

Gwen POV:

Did he just kiss my hand? Wait, does he feel the same way? Before I could start thinking more about it, my dad asks if I was alright. I tell him that I am and that it was nothing. My dad and I start talking about me being Spider Woman and he loves the fact that I am. He then asks me, "Now Gwen tell me the truth, are you and Miles dating? WHAT!? NO! We're not dating, we're just friends. My dad smiles and says, "You sure? I saw the way you blushed when he showed you the picture of you and him, and I saw the way you hugged him, not to mention he kissed your hand. Gwen I think its safe to say that he really likes you, and I know you feel the same." I relax and tell him, "You're right, I do feel the same, but I don't know how to tell him." "One thing I can tell you Gwen is that I was nervous to ask your mom out, but we just hung out as friends until one moment felt right and I asked her out." Gwen thought about it and said, "I'll tell him soon." George smiles and says, "That's my little girl."