Chapter 22: Home and a Whole Lot of Trouble

Miles and Gwen wake up the next morning exhausted from their "long" night but awake enough to get to the airport and make it back home. Before Gwen woke up, he wanted to surprise Gwen since it was they had to leave that day, Miles went to a place called Aloha Donuts and got Gwen some donuts and a coffee. He came back to the hotel to see Gwen still asleep, he smiled and laid the food on the counter. He walks over to Gwen, kisses her head and says, "Gwen, honey its time to wake up, we gotta get on a plane back soon." Gwen rolls over and says, "Ohhhh five more minutes baby?" Miles chuckled to himself, Miles knew how much Gwen loved donuts, so he went over and grabbed a glazed donut from the box, put it under Gwen's nose and like a bat out of hell, Gwen opened her eyes and shot up and yelled, "DONUTS?" Miles laughed when Gwen grabbed the donut and started eating it. Gwen said to Miles, "You got us donuts?" Miles said to her, "Yeah, it was our last morning here so I thought I would treat you to one more surprise. Oh, and I also got you a coffee with two creams and one sugar, just the way my baby likes it." Gwen pulled Miles into a big hug and said into his shoulder, "Why are you so great? How did I marry the greatest person ever?" Miles said, "Hmm thats funny, I could say the same thing about you." They both laughed and ate some donuts.

An hour goes by and the time is 10:30, they had to be checked out and headed to the airport by 11. Miles and Gwen finished the box of donuts, got dressed and finished packing, and headed to the airport. Miles and Gwen make it back to Brooklyn after about 3 hours. They open the door to Rio, Jeff, and George with open arms, they both hug them and they start talking about their trip. It was then they started talking about the attack by Blackout and Gwen getting stabbed and being in the hospital for a night. They all ask how she is doing, to which she replied, "I'm perfectly fine, I've gotten stabbed before so it was no big deal." They all talk about the rest of their trip and what happened in both dimensions while they were gone over dinner.

Gwen sits down on the couch to watch tv with Miles when all of a sudden her stomach starts hurting. She starts breathing heavily as to not throw up. Miles asks if she's okay and she says, "Yeah I'm fine, its probably all of the donuts we had this morning." They both go back to watching tv when her stomach starts grumbling again, this time worse then the last. She then rushes to the bathroom and throws up. After about ten minutes of vomiting, she goes back out and cuddles into Miles, he says, "Baby maybe you should get some rest for the night, in fact, we should both go to bed for the night." Gwen says, "Can you carry me? Pwease?" Miles chuckles and picks her up bridal style and lays her on his bed. Miles gets into the bed with her, she cuddles into Miles and holds him tight and immediately falls asleep. Miles smiles to himself and says, "I wonder what made her throw up? She's probably right, maybe it was something she ate today." They both go to sleep for the night.

Gwen wakes up in the middle of the night with another pain in her stomach, she goes and throws up again. She vomits for about 15 minutes and when she was done she sits by the toilet for take a breath. She then start to think of what she ate that could've made her this sick, she starts remembering what she ate on their honeymoon, she said to herself, "It couldn't have been the shrimp, not the donuts, not the lobster, not the ice cream. What the hell is making me this sick." She calls her doctor and tells her what has been happening, she makes an appointment for the morning and goes to bed for the rest of the night. She gets up at around 9 because her appointment was at 10, she leaves Miles a note that says, "Hey honey, I got sick again last night and went to see my doctor, be back home soon. I love you!" She kisses his head and leaves. She gets to her doctors and they talk for a while and the doctor says that she needs to run some tests. After about 30 minutes, the doctor comes back in the room, Gwen shoots her head back up and says, "So what's going on doc?" The doctor looks at her and says, "Well, I have good news and more good news." Gwen says, "Hit me." The doctor then says, "Well the first good news is that you're stomach hasn't been hurting because of something you ate." Gwen smiles and says, "Good, then if it isn't food then what could it be." Then the doctor gets closer to her and says, "Well Gwen, I don't know how to tell you this but...........you're pregnant.