Chapter 9: Feelings

Language Warning: 18+ Included

Miles POV:

SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! I'M SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT! Why did I hold her hand! Why did I kiss her hand! I can't believe I just ruined our friendship. She probably hates me now. I lay against the head of my bed and at this point I start crying because of how badly I messed this up. As soon as I start crying I feel arms wrapped around me and notice Gwen hugging me. Then I start bawling in her arms not wanting to let go and not wanting her to let go. She asks me, "Miles whats wrong?" After a few minutes I start to calm down enough to tell her. "I'm sorry Gwen, I'm so so sorry." "What are you sorry for?" I lift my head and tell her through tears, "First I held your hand and then I kissed it. We're just friends and I ruined it." Gwen hugs me again and she tells me, "Miles you did nothing wrong, you were trying to help me through this and I appreciate it so much." I feel as though its time I tell Gwen about my feelings for her, in my head I say, here goes nothing. I tell Gwen, "Gwen, the truth is...I love you, I wanted to tell you for a while but I didn't know how to tell you. The truth is...I want to be with you, but I know we're from two different worlds and it probably wouldn't work out and you probably have a boyfriend and I'm sorry I ruined our friendship and you probably don't feel the sa....." I'm interrupted by a pair of lips crashing against mine. We break after a few minutes for air and she tells me, "Miles you didn't ruin anything, not our moment at the hospital and definitely not our friendship, the truth is, I love you too Miles. I've loved you ever since I went back to my dimension but I was scared to tell you because I didn't know if you liked me back." I hug Gwen and she hugs back and I kiss her cheek, and now its time for the moment of truth, I ask Gwen, "I know we are from two different worlds, but I am very willing to give us a try if you are, so Gwen Stacy...will you be my girlfriend? She looks at me for a minute and in my head I say, "This was a bad idea, I shouldn't have asked her." In reality, she grabs me by the collar of my hoodie and plants her lips into mine once again. After a few minutes she responds with, "Miles Morales, I would love nothing more in this world then to be your girlfriend!" With as much joy and excitement I could muster, I hug her tightly and don't let go and she hugs me back even tighter, I fall back in my bed with her in my arms and we both fall asleep happy that we both finally found the one person in our lives that truly mean the world to us.