Chapter 13: Home at Last

Miles POV:

I wake up at around 8 am or so and notice that Gwen is laying on top of me with her arms wrapped around me too. I smile and say to myself, "Damn she is beautiful, how did I get so lucky with an angel like her." I quietly and slowly pick her up and lay her on her bed, put the blanket back on her, kiss her forehead and start to leave her room to use the restroom. As I stand up from her bed, I feel a hand grab hold of mine, I turn around and see Gwen with half-woke puppy eyes and she says to me, "Please don't leave baby, five more minutes?" I smile and say, "For you mi amor I'll do 10, but I'll be back I just need to use the restroom real quick, I'll be back I promise." I kiss her hand and head for the restroom. I return to Gwen's room after a few minutes and see her fast asleep, I tell myself again, "God she's such an angel." I slowly get back into her bed as to not disturb her sleep and as soon as I get settled in, she grabs onto me and cuddles into my chest. I whisper to Gwen, "Looks like someone missed me." I see Gwen smile and she whispers back, "Like I said before, 10 minutes away from you feels like 10 years." I smile and chuckle to her, "I love you so much Gwen Stacy." Gwen replies back, "I love you more Miles Morales." We both chuckle until our greatest enemy approaches.................sleep.

TWO HOURS LATER

Gwen wakes up which causes Miles to wake up as well, they both exchange looks and yawns until Miles breaks the yawns with with a kiss on Gwen's lips, during the kiss Gwen says in her head, "This feels like heaven, like this is perfect. I know this is jumping the gun a bit, but I really want to be with Miles for the rest of my life." They break the kiss for air, and Miles says, "Morning beautiful!" Gwen chuckles and says, "I'm far from beautiful." Miles instantly says, "That couldn't be farther from the truth, everything about you is beautiful, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life, nothing and nobody could ever top your beauty." Gwen kisses him and says with a slight chuckle, "Well I'll take your word for it." Both Miles and Gwen smell something in the air, it was the stench of pancakes and bacon. Miles looks at Gwen with a confused look and says, "Does someone else live here with you?" Gwen says, "No just me and my dad." Miles then grabs the baseball bat Gwen had in the corner of her room and tells her to get behind him while they go investigate. They both exit her room slowly and slowly walk towards the kitchen, Miles then yells out, "WHOEVER IS IN THE KITCHEN COME OUT SLOWLY I AM ARMED!" As soon as the reach the kitchen they hear a familiar voice say, "You wouldn't hit a guy making you two breakfast would you?" They both knew that voice all too well, George exits the kitchen and Gwen immediately yells, "Daddy!" and runs up and jumps into his arms. They both stay that way for a few minutes all while Miles watches from a distance as not to ruin their moment. George and Gwen let go and she is filled to the brim with questions like, "How did you get out, when did you get out, are you home for good, please tell me you're home for good?" George tells Gwen, "Look sweetie I know you have lots of questions, and I'll answer them during breakfast, you two go get washed up, breakfast will be done any minute. Miles and Gwen both go get washed up, Miles pulls out a chair for Gwen at the table and sits next to her. George brings them both plates with pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Miles says, "Thank you sir but you didn't have to do this." George responds with, "I know, but I wanted to surprise you both." Both Gwen and Miles said, "Well you sure did surprise us!" All three exchange laughs and after a few moments, Gwen asks her dad, "So how did you get out? When did you get out?" George smiles and says, "Okay so here is what happened...."

FLASHBACK

George is fast asleep in his hospital room, a mysterious person walks into his room and tries to poison his IV unit, at this point his doctor walks in and tackles the person before they could finish the job, security comes rushing in and escorts the person out, as they're being dragged out the the person says, "I'll find you Spider Man, even if I have to kill your little girlfriend's father to find you." George, still shaken from this incident tries to figure out what the person meant. He thought nothing of it and as soon as he tried going back to sleep his doctor came in and asked if he was alright after what happened. George says yes and the doctor says, "Good, well everything looks like it's back to normal so you are free to go home now." George filled with excitement tells the doctor, "Thank you doc!" George gets packed up and hails a taxi and takes him back to his apartment. When he gets home its late and all he wants to do is go to sleep until he hears soft crying and hears that it's coming from Gwen's room. He opens the door slowly and quietly and sees Miles with her, holding her tightly trying to calm her down and give her as much love as he can give her. George smiles and quietly closes the door. When the door closes he says to himself, "Thank the heavens Gwen has someone like you in her life Miles, I can't wait till you become my son in law, you are the perfect guy for Gwen." He then heads to his bedroom and goes to sleep.

END OF FLASHBACK

Miles and Gwen are both shook to their cores, Miles says in his head, "There's someone looking for me...and he almost killed Gwen's dad." Before anybody could say anything, Miles quickly got up from his chair and ran right out the front door with tears in his eyes. Gwen looked at the door trying to comprehend what just happened, George says to Gwen, "Is Miles alright?" Gwen says, "I don't know but I'll go find out." Gwen quickly grabs her suit and runs after Miles. Gwen swings through every inch of her dimension and couldn't seem to find Miles. She started to lose hope until she thought of the one place where he told her he goes to calm down, a place that makes him feel happy...The Williamsburg Bank Building. Gwen sets her gizmo for Earth-1610 and walks through.

She finds the Williamsburg Bank Building and finds someone on top of the building crouched with his legs bent to his face bawling. She knew that cry and that spider suit anywhere, it was Miles. She quickly swings to Miles and wraps her arms around him giving him comfort, they stay that way for a good five minutes until Miles starts to calm down. Gwen kisses his lips and his forehead and says, "Miles are you ok, what's wrong?" Miles yells with anger, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT'S WRONG!? I ALMOST KILLED YOUR FATHER!" Gwen was startled by his yelling but knew he didn't mean it. He would never yell at her, and if he ever did it would be out of anger, not at her but at the world around him. He starts crying again and tries to make out through sobs, "I almost killed your dad, how can you even look at me let alone even still have feelings for me." Gwen kisses him passionately on his lips and keeps them there until he stops crying, after a few minutes Gwen responds with, "Baby listen to me, number one I could never hate you ever, I meant it when I said that you're the most important person in my life and nothing could ever make me hate you, absolutely nothing, and number two you didn't almost kill my dad, that person did." Miles replies with, "But from what your dad said, that person was looking for me." Gwen says, "I know it sounds weird but maybe he was just a drunk criminal looking to hurt a cop, we always have them in my dimension, it's never happened to my dad until yesterday but it happens all the time here." Gwen looks in Miles' eyes and notices that he still has tears in his eyes, she stretches out her arms and says to Miles, "Come here baby." Without any hesitation Miles leaps into her arms and Gwen locks him into a hug that was so tight not even Rhino could separate them if he wanted to. After staying like that for a few minutes Miles starts to smile and says to Gwen, "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Gwen replies with, "Everyday why?" Miles then says, "I know, I just want to let you know every single chance I get how much I love you and how much you mean to me. There aren't words to describe my love for you, I will always love you Gwen till death do us part." Gwen smiles but on the inside her heart burst when she heard him say, "...till death do us part." She says in her head, "Does he really mean that? Wait, does he see us as more than boyfriend and girlfriend too?" In reality Gwen smiles at Miles and kisses him on the lips and asks him, "Feel better spider boy?" Miles laughs and says to Gwen, "Much better Gwanda!" They both laugh and then Miles asks her, "Wanna go on patrol with me?" Gwen kisses his forehead and says, "I thought you'd never ask." They both swing away from the building not noticing a dark figure watching them saying to himself, "I found them boss, but more importantly him, they're swinging around his dimension." The voice on the other end says, "Good work, operation destroy all spider people is almost complete. We must wait until our plan is in full effect, no matter how long we wait, we will DESTROY ALL SPIDERS!" The person says, "Yes sire." They break the phone with their hand and leave the scene.

The first half of this story is now complete! I will start working on the next half starting next week, until then enjoy the first half and remember, give cheese a chance! Peace out!✌