Chapter 17: Regret

Miles was swinging back to his apartment with no care in the world, he didn't know what to think anymore. He knew that Blackout was Gwen, but she wasn't his Gwen. He knew he shouldn't have said those words to Gwen, he knew he shouldn't have cancelled their wedding tomorrow. All he wanted to do was to go to Gwen and tell her how sorry he was, have their big spider wedding and live happily ever after...but how could he? Every time he thinks about Gwen he thinks of Gwen 54, he couldn't get the image of her out of his head. He didn't know if he could go through with the wedding now knowing that not only is someone after him, but that someone is Gwen, but from another dimension. With all of the thinking he didn't realize he was about to get hit by a semi. He quickly dodged it and landed on the other side of the street. He then swung up to the window of his apartment and crawled inside his room. When he was inside, he took one look around his room and had the biggest meltdown ever. He threw all of this work to the ground, his dresser, and pretty much destroyed everything. And all he could do afterwards was just cry his eyes out. He then heard his phone go off and saw the he got a message from Gwen that said, "hey...i know you don't wanna talk to me right now but i just need to know what happened. did i say something wrong? did i do something wrong...did i not do enough...please text me back..please miles i need to know what really happened..i love you❤️.." Miles really wanted to text her back and tell her what happened...but how could he? How could he go on with his life with Gwen after seeing Blackout? How could she still want to be with him after what he said to her, all of the nasty and cruel things he said to her. Miles started to cry again but then he built up enough courage and sent her back a text that said, "could you meet me at the top of my empire state building...please?" Gwen quickly replied with, "ill be there.."

Gwen meets Miles at his dimension's Empire State Building and sees Miles on the top staring at the sky. She is hesitant about walking near him fearing that this wasn't the man she fell in love with. She slowly sat next to him from a distance and Miles broke the awkward silence and said, "Gwen, about earlier..I didn't mean what I said, none of it..the truth is, the villain that attacked me was named Blackout and I only acted the way I did because of what she showed me.." Gwen chimes in and says, "What did this Blackout show you?" Miles says, "Her identity." Gwen was surprised but she managed to say, "Who was it Miles?" Miles was about to say it but was hesitant and nervous saying it. Gwen took notice and put her hand on his leg and it gave Miles the courage to say, "Blackout..is you." Gwen was confused at first but then her heart sank when all the realization kicks in. She realizes why Miles said what he did, she realized why Miles pushed her away, and she realized why Miles canceled the wedding. All while she is thinking she hears Miles crying, she stops her thinking and is hesitant about putting her arms around him. She thought in her head, "This is my husband, I need to do what's right no matter what he says or does about it." She then wraps her arms around him and closes her eyes in anticipation that Miles is going to push her away again, but she feels a pair of arms wrap around her and she opens her eyes to see Miles crying into her chest. She rubs the back of Miles' head and whispers in his ears, "Shhhhh, it's okay Miles, let it all out it's okay to cry." Miles cries for a good few minutes before letting out, "I'm sorry Gwen, I'm so so fucking sorry for everything I said to you, I didn't mean any of it. I swear, I swear on my uncle I didn't mean it, not one word." He gets out of Gwen's chest and says through tears, "I understand if you don't want to marry me anymore, with everything I said to you, I wouldn't want to marry me either. I'm such a fucking idiot, and you probably think I'm the worst fiancé ever and the worst person in the wor....." He's cut off by a pair of lips crashing against his. They both stay that way for a while until the break for air, Gwen looks at Miles and grabs his hand and squeezes it and says, "Miles I understand why you did what you did, believe me I would've too. I would've said what you said if I saw another you from a random dimension like Earth 42 and you tried to kill me. So I get it Miles, I understand now. As for the wedding, I would still love nothing more in this world then to be Mrs. Morales." Miles smiles so wide and crashes his lips to Gwen's once again. They stay that way until Gwen says to him, "Miles, I need you to make me a promise." Miles says, "What kind of promise?" Gwen brings his hand to her heart and says to him, "From this moment on, we will always be there for each other, through the good and the bad, and..." Gwen stops and Miles says, "And what?" Gwen says to him, "Now you know I can't finish the rest, I need something to say for my vows." Miles chuckles and says , "I know." Gwen keeps Miles hand to her heart and says, "Just please promise me that from now on, all your enemies are mine and all my enemies are yours too, we fight as a team, we save the world as a team, together." Miles looks her in her eyes and says to her, "I promise." Gwen kisses Miles hand and embraces him one more time, Gwen says to her, "I love you Mr Morales." Miles smiles and responds, "I love you too Mrs Morales." All while a certain spider family is watching from a distance, Ham tells Noir, "I won, give me my 20 bucks!" Peter and Peni look at them and playfully scoff, Peter says to Peni, "Well looks like the wedding is still on!" Peni looks at him and says, "And we still have some preparations to do, let's go!" The spider family swing away leaving the two once love birds turned inseparable duo alone to sleep under the stars.