Chapter 23: The Truth Comes Out

"I'M WHAT!?" Gwen said to the doctor in disbelief. The doctor said again, "Gwen, you're pregnant, you and Miles are having a baby." Gwen was in total shock, she didn't know whether to laugh or cry or vomit...maybe all three. Gwen started thinking in her head, "What am I going to do? What am I going to tell Miles? How am I going to tell Miles? Will he still love me if I tell him?" Gwen's head is racing a mile a minute, so much so that she passes out in fear. The doctor calls her team and they take her into a room, and her doctor calls Miles to have him come to the hospital. Miles arrives 3 minutes later and the doctor says, "How'd you get here so fast?" Miles then says, "You get a lot of adrenaline when your wife isn't well." In actuality he swung very very fast. He asked her, "What happened?" The doctor said, "We were talking about her stomach problems and she passed out after I told her what it was." Miles said, "What's giving her these problems?" The doctor smiled and said, "I'll let her tell you." The doctor showed him her room and left them be.

Miles walked up to her bed and squeezed Gwen's hand. Gwen wakes up and feels her hand in Miles' and she smiles. Miles looks at her and says, "Hey honey, you okay? How you feeling?" Gwen says, "I mean I've been better. Did she tell you what happened?" Miles said, "No she said that I would have to hear it from you." Gwen gets up and sits on the couch and says, "Miles you may want to sit on my bed." Miles asks, "Why?" She says, "Believe me, you're gonna need it if I tell you." Miles says okay and sits on the bed facing her. Gwen puts her hand in his and starts, "Miles, you know I love you, so so much and I would do anything for you." Miles says, "I love you too and I would do the same for you in a heartbeat." Gwen smiles and continues, "Everyday when you are out saving the world I get worried, worried that you'll get hurt or worse, you won't come home to me. And I don't feel like I say it enough, I love...no...we love you so much Miles and we always will." Miles looks at her we at first and after a few moments of thinking about the "we" meaning, his eyes shoot open and he freezes. Miles in shock then says, "Honey are you saying what I think you're saying?" Gwen gets up, kisses him on the lips and says, "We're pregnant Miles, we're having a baby!" Miles doesn't care how shocked he is and he picks her up and hugs her right and swings her around the room and says, "I'm gonna be a dad! IM GONNA BE A DAD!" He then starts crying tears of joy and so does Gwen. They both keep hugging each other for a while until the nurse comes in and asks how she's doing. Gwen says, I'm okay, all 3 of us are okay." The nurse says, "Great then you're more than welcome to leave if you'd like."

They leave the hospital and after they leave Gwen texts Peter and her dad and asks if they and the spider fam could meet at her house and Miles text his parents and asks if he can come pick them up so they could meet at her house. Everyone says yes and they all meet at Gwen and George's house m. They all get there and Miles and Gwen are sitting on the couch waiting for them. Peter is the first one to speak and says, "So guys is everything okay?" Miles and Gwen both look at each other, intertwine their fingers, smile and Gwen says to them, "Yeah we're fine, it's just that..." She looks at everyone and says, "How do you guys feel about adding member to the team?" They all look at her in confusion. Everyone then freezes in shock until they all yell, "YOU'RE PREGNANT!?" They both smile and nod before Rio runs up to Gwen and Miles hugging them and says, "Mi nuera, congratulations!" Everyone exchanges their congrats and then George says, "Well let's all go and celebrate!" They all head to an ice cream place and celebrate Miles and Gwen having their first baby.