Chapter 25: The Choice - Part 1

It's been 2 months  since the gender reveal and Gwen's bump got bigger by the day. She hopped in her and Miles' bed and fell asleep. Miles was swinging around around his dimension and Gwen's dimension looking for any crime, he was in his dimension when all of a sudden he got a hologram message from Hobie that said, "Miles man, Miguel needs to see you at HQ, it's about Blackout. He knows the Gwendy can't come though because of the baby but he wants to see you about this." He said to him, "Alright tell him I'll be there in about 10 minutes, I'm gonna go check on Gwen and the baby and see how they're doing before I head over." Hobie said to him, "A'ight mate watch your six." Miles nods and hangs up.

He swings to his apartment and sees Gwen asleep on the bed. He looks at her and smiles, he writes her a note that says, "Hey honey, Miguel wanted me to come to HQ, I'll be back in a little bit to make dinner for you two." I love you beautiful❤️." Miles sits the note on his dresser, kisses Gwen's forehead and slowly leans down and kisses her bump and says, "And I love you mi beautiful hija." He smiles again and leaps out the window to HQ.

Miles gets to HQ and is met with Hobie saying, "Miguel's is wiggen' mate." They both walk in and see Miguel pacing back and forth across the room saying to himself, "Van a romper otro universo. Necesitamos encontrarlos. Necesitamos encontrarlos." Miles understands what he's saying and says, "Miguel calm dow...wait what do you mean "they"?" Miguel pulls down an orb that shows a hologram of another Spider Man. Miles asks him, "What Spider Man is that? I love his suit!" Miguel says to him, "This is Ben Reilly, aka Spider Man from Earth 616, he was once one of us, until a dark and twisted virus entered his body and corrupted him, changing his out look on life. He's the reason Blackout keeps attacking you, he showed her the future and showed where her and her Miles had a kid and he cheated on her and took the baby and left her with nothing. At first she didn't believe him but then he showed her hundreds of other Gwen's that suffered the same fate. So to prevent this from happening, she killed her Miles and then gave their baby away. She has been searching in hopes to find a Miles in every universe that had the same fate with their Gwen's so she can kill them to prevent it from happening." Miles looked in shock, he can't believe that there are evil forms of him all across the spider verse, he hopes that he never meets any of them. He asks Miguel, "So you can see into the future right? Please tell me in the future I don't beco...." Miguel interrupts him and says, "Relax Miles, you and your Gwen are one of the thousands that have a happy life together with children. That's why she's after you." Miles sighs in relief knowing that he isn't going to turn out like the Miles on Earth 54, but is scared of what she could do to him and his family if she found him again.

Miguel says, "We spotted her in Earth 2009 about an hour or so ago, but we lost track of her because our system went down and all the gizmos are useless until its back up." Just then Miles gets a call from his dad and Jeff says, "Miles you gotta hurry, I don't know where you are but come to our dimension, your friend Blackout is rampaging through Brooklyn!" Miles, Miguel, Hobie, and Peter B. waste no time and go to Earth 1610. When they get there, it seems as though every building in Brooklyn is on fire and damaged. Miles and the gang swing through the city to try and find Blackout, and after a few minutes, Miles spots the cop cars chasing after Blackout. They follow and Miles gets close enough to her and spears her through a window into a room of a building. They both have a brawl in the room until she punches a hole in the ceiling and comes out onto the roof. Miles follows her and they brawl again. They fight for a few minutes until he gets the high ground and punches her lights out and backs her into a corner. Miguel, Hobie, Peter, Ham, Noir and the police with Jeff come to the roof and Miles says, "It's over Blackout, you've got no where to run." Jeff then says, "You have the right to remain silent, there is nothing you can say or do that will convince us to not take you to jail." She takes off her mask and hood and makes the most evil cackle ever. She says, "You willing to bet a life on that?" They both look in confusion until a portal opens beside her and out come Ben carrying a badly beaten and bruised Rio by her hair. Miles and Jeff both yell, "MOM!" "RIO!" Gwen 54 laughs and says, "My Miles took everything from me, so now I'm going to take everything from you starting with your precious mother." She grabs her by the throat and holds her above the streets ready to drop her. Miles says, "Gwen please don't do this, I'm not your Miles, I'm never going to treat my Gwen the way your Miles treated you. She loves me and I love her, I would do anything for her." Gwen 54 says, "Well let's just ask her shall we?" Another portal opens with Ben carrying Gwen 65 out still out. Miles then starts to cry and all he wants to do is run over there and hug her and see how her the the baby were doing, but he couldn't move at the risk of Blackout doing something crazy. She grabs by the throat too and holds her above the streets like Rio. She says, "You now have a choice Miles, save your mother or save your wife and daughter. Choose wisely, clocks ticking." Jeff then says, "You better not or we won't hesitate to pump your guts full of led. PREPARE TO FIRE!" Miles quickly gets in front and yells, "STOP! PLEASE JUST STOP!" Miles looks at Gwen 54 and says, "Please you don't have to do this. I'm begging you, take me, take me instead." Rio and Jeff both yell, "NO!" Rio says, "Miles, whatever happens, you have made me the happiest mother in the world and I'm so proud to call you my son." Miles is in full on tears, how could he decide this, his mother or his wife and unborn child. He couldn't decide and Gwen 54 said, "Ding, time's up Morales!" She drops both of them and Miles yells, "NOOOOOOOOO!" He pushes past Ben and Blackout and dives after both of them. He doesn't know who to save, he closes his eyes and begs to God for a miracle.