Chapter 24: Showered in Cravings and Hormones

4 months have passed since the attack by Blackout and since Miles and Gwen announced that they were expecting, and today was the day they would find out the gender of their baby. Everyone wanted to throw a party for the gender reveal and they called it the, "Gender Reveal Shower". Although Miles and Gwen didn't know they were throwing the party. Everyone was out finishing up the party and getting it ready, meanwhile Miles was with Gwen sleeping, Gwen was tucked into Miles, but Miles kept his distance as not to crush her bump. They both wake up and text their parents asking if they were ready to find out the gender of their grand baby. They all said that they couldn't wait. They both asked where they all were, they all then said, "I had to come in early so I could get off early for the reveal this afternoon." They both sighed in relief and Gwen went to the bathroom. She gets done using it and looks in the mirror to see her bump. She smiles heavily and then feels a pair of arms wrap around the bump. Gwen melts into the embrace from behind and sighs with a bit of relaxation. She says to Miles, "I hope you know that this has been the best 4 months of my life, with the baby, you, and we haven't heard of or seen Blackout in a long time. I wonder if she just gave up." Miles sighs and says, "Honey you and I both know it's never that easy." She smiles and says, "Unfortunately." They both laugh and Miles says, "I'm sure she'll be back, but I pray to god she doesn't come back until after our little bundle of joy is born." Gwen looks at him and kisses him and says, "You and me both babe." They both laugh again and go get dressed. Jeff and George text Miles and Gwen and say, "We're ready for the reveal!" George then says, "Meet us at the roof of Miles' apartment building." They both say okay and they had that way.

They both meet at Miles' rooftop and when they opened the door and were taken aback and saw Jeff, Rio, George, the spider fam and bunches and bunches of family members from Miles and Gwen all yell, "SURPRISE!" Miles and Gwen both started crying tears of joy until their parents walked up and Gwen said, "You guys didn't have to throw a whole party just for a gender reveal." Rio grinned and said, "Want us all to leave?" Miles and Gwen both said, "Nope, FUSS ON!" They all cheered and had a great time at the party.

After an hour the time had come for the gender to be revealed. Miles and Gwen stood at the front of the rooftop and both yelled, "3...2...1" And out shot pink confetti, Miles and Gwen were both cheering, even though Miles wanted a boy and Gwen wanted a girl, he was still happy that Gwen got what she wanted, she deserved the world.

After the reveal everyone cheered and exchanged congrats to Miles and Gwen and the party goes on for another couple hours. The party ends, and Gwen starts to pick up the party when her stomach starts growling heavily. She goes to Miles and says, "Honey I think our little girl is hungry." Miles smiled and bent down to Gwen's stomach and said, "Aww is our little girl making mommy hungry, what are you guys hungry for, I'll go out and get it!" Gwen smiles and plays with the curls of Miles hair and says, "I think we're hungry for some pizza with onion, anchovies and extra pineapple." Miles laughed and said, "Anchovies!?" Gwen laughed too and said, "Hey these pregnancy cravings are weird, but it's what our little girl wants." Miles laughs then goes to Rio Jeff and George and said, "I think the little one is making mom hungry so I'm gonna run out and get them something to eat." George said, "Okay we'll finish cleaning and let you guys eat." Miles and Gwen smiles and hugged all 3 of them and they said, "We love you guys, thank you for doing this for us." They all smiles and said, "She's our grand daughter, we would do anything for her." Miles then carried Gwen bridal style down the stairs from the rooftop so she didn't have to walk them, he took her to his room and laid her on their bed. Ever since they both got married they considered both of their beds in their homes, "their beds" meaning that they both shared the same bed when they go to each dimension. He laid Gwen on their bed and said, "I'll be back in a little bit honey." Gwen said, "Okay, we just take a nap until you get back." Miles kisses Gwen on the lips and kisses her forehead, he then bends down and kisses Gwen's growing belly and says, "I love you my beautiful girls." Gwen says, "We love you too Miles." Gwen then feels a kick and it shocks the hell out of her, she says, "Miles feel my stomach!" She grabs Miles' hand and puts it on her stomach and Miles starts to cry tears of joy wen Gwen says, "I guess she wanted to show you how much she loves you." They both laugh and Miles heads out the door to get pizza.

An hour goes by and Miles finally gets back, he got Gwen her pizza and he got himself a pizza since her doesn't like any of what she wanted on hers. Miles puts the pizzas in the kitchen and goes to his room to wake Gwen up. When he opens the door, he's met with a very emotional Gwen that leaps at him and wraps her arms and legs around him and bawls her eyes out in his chest. Miles is taken aback and asks her if she's okay. Gwen let's go of him and yells at him, "AM I OKAY? AM I OKAY!? WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK MORALES! YOU'VE BEEN GONE AN HOUR AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ASK IF IM OKAY!? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!! YOU FUCKING SOMEONE ELSE BEHIND MY BACK!? YOU HAVING ANOTHER KID WITH SOMEONE!? EXPLAIN YOURSELF MORALES!" Miles is once again taken aback, he knew she didn't mean what she said, it was her hormones kicking in and after she finished yelling, he grabbed onto her tightly and hugged into her chest and gave her the most passionate kiss they've ever had, more passionate then their wedding day. They stay like that for minutes and Miles picks her up and lays her on his bed with him and lays her on him to calm her down. Miles feels Gwen's heartbeat slowing down and she starts crying again, she said to Miles, "I'm sorry Miles I didn't mean any of it, I promise I didn't." Miles rubs her back, kisses her forehead and says, "Shhhh, I know honey, I know you didn't mean it, it's just your hormones kicking in, it's alright you don't need to be sorry. As for where I've been, I went out and got my two favorite girls some dinner, remember?" Gwen then remembered that he went out to get them pizza but she woke up from a nightmare and got worried. Gwen cries a little more into his chest and Miles says, "Wanna talk about your little nightmare?" She looks at him and says, "How'd you know I had a nightmare?" Miles smiled and said, "Spider sense with a little help from my husband instincts." They both laughed and Gwen started talking about her nightmare.

She told him that her Miles and their baby were sitting on a cliff watching the sunset together when someone came and shot him in the head, killing him instantly, right in front of Gwen and their baby. All Gwen remembered before waking up was the sound of their daughter crying heavily which made her wake up and cry before he got home. Miles looked at her and said, "Honey look at me, I'm not going anywhere ever, nobody is going to come between the three of us, not now not ever." Gwen says, "I know, it's just that, we haven't heard from or seen Blackout in what feels like forever, what if she attacks again when she's born?" Miles looks at her and says, "Then we'll be ready, you forget, we have an army just in case she has one, we have the fam and we have Miguel and the Society. Nothing will ruin our time with our daughter." Gwen hugs Miles and says, "Thank you Miles.....for everything you've done with and for me, I love you so much, we both love you so much." Miles kisses her and says, "I love you too." He leans down and kisses her bump and says, "And I love you too my little angel." Gwen smiles and says in her head, "How did I get this lucky." Gwen then says, "Wait, she's due in a few months, we need to start thinking of names." Miles says to her, "Now that sounds like a great topic to share over some pizza." Miles picks her up bridal style and takes her to the dining room. Gwen says to him, "Miles I'm more than capable of walking to the dining room." Miles grins and says, "I know, I'm just spoiling my girl because once my other girl is born, I'm gonna be spending more time spoiling her." Gwen smiles and kisses him, she says, "I love you Miles." Miles says, "I love you too." They talk over some names while eating some pizza and they couldn't decide, they decided to wait for the name to come naturally, and when Gwen was done with her pizza, she started to feel tired. Miles took note and picked her up and took her to their bed, he laid her down and got next to her, she cuddled up close to him and they both fell asleep happily together.