Chapter 20: Hobie and the Hospital

As Miles and Hobie took Gwen to the hospital, Miles heard Gwen wince in pain, he looked at her and said, "Damn it we need to move faster or she's going to lose a lot of blood!" Hobie said to him, "Let's swing to the hospital mate." They both swing to the hospital and Miles holds onto Gwen with everything he's got. They get to the hospital and Miles yells for a doctor, "SOMEONE HELP, MY WIFE WAS STABBED AND SHES LOSING BLOOD FAST!" A nurse at the front desk called for a gurney and Miles laid her on it. Miles was on the verge of tears at this point, he knew that Gwen said she would be alright, but he still couldn't help but worry, it was just his husbandy instincts. Gwen saw that he was crying and she told Miles, "Honey come here." Miles leaned down and Gwen kisses his forehead and his lips and said, "Baby I promise I'm going to be fine, I've been stabbed before, I'll just have surgery and be out in no time. I promise I'll be fine." Miles was still crying but he knew Gwen was right, he kissed her hands and kissed her lips and said, "I know, I'm just worried that's all." Gwen smiles and says, "I love you Miles." Miles softly hugs Gwen as to not hurt her stab wound and says, "I love you too Gwen, please never forget that." Gwen smiles at Miles as they rolled her in for surgery.

Two Hours Later

Miles is sitting in the lobby with Hobie, Miles breaks the silence and says, "You think she'll be okay?" Hobie turns to him and says, "I ain't got scooby doo mate, but she seems like a tough lad, I know she'll pull through. Knowing she has a worried husband like you I know she'll make it." Miles smiles at Hobie and says, "Thanks man, and thanks for having our backs against Blackout." Hobie says to Miles, "It was no trouble bruv. But I do have to tell you the real reason why I'm here. You see I'm not from this dimension, I'm actually from Earth-138 and I was sent here by another spider man named Miguel o Hara." Miles looks at him confused on why he has heard this name before, and the realization hits him and says, "I know who you're talking about, he's the reason Gwen and I are husband and wife." Hobie nods and says, "Well he sent me here to help you guys stop Blackout." Miles' face then droops a little and asks Hobie, "Do you at least know how is under that mask?" Hobie said, "Unfortunately, and that's why I was sent here, to help you guys stop her." Miles nods and says, "Well then hopefully if I meet this Miguel I can thank him for sending you and thank him for this because if it wasn't for him, Gwen and I wouldn't be together." Miles and Hobie talk for a while until a nurse walks up to them in which Miles stands up quick and asks how Gwen was. The doctor said to him, "She's going to be perfectly fine, the surgery was successful but she will need to stay here at least one night so we can keep checking in on her and checking her progress for departure." Miles feels like a massive 300 pound weight was lifted from his shoulders and says to the doctor, "Thanks doc, could I go in and see her?" The doctor smiles and says, "Of course right this way!" Miles enters Gwen's room and is met with two beautiful blue eyes and Gwen says to him, "Hey spider boy, how's it hangin'?" Miles chuckles and says, "Nothing much Gwanda, just wanted to see how my beautiful wife was doing." Gwen smiles and says, "Well I've certainly been better but I'm better knowing that you're here." Miles tells her that the doctor needs her to stay for the night so they can check her progress. Gwen slowly starts to cry, Miles runs up to her and wraps his arms around her comforting her. Miles rubs her back and asks her, "What wrong mi amor?" Gwen then says, "I ruined our honeymoon!" Miles wipes her tears away with his thumb and says, "Baby you didn't ruin anything, we had no control over Blackout's attack. You didn't do anything wrong. Think if it this way, they want to keep you for the night and you will be released in the morning, we still have 6 full days of honeymoon fun together." Gwen then stopped crying and said, "You're right Miles." Miles cups her cheek with his hand and kisses her lips, Gwen melts into the kiss and when they break for air she says, "How did I get so lucky with you Miles." Miles chuckles and says, "I'm just a really emotionally intelligent guy. Wise beyond my years." Gwen laughs until Hobie knocks at the door and says, "Everything good here mate?" Miles smiles and him and says, "Yeah everything's good Hobie." Gwen looks at Hobie confused and then looks at Miles and says, "Miles who is this?" Miles says to Gwen, "This is Hobie Brown, he saved us when Blackout attacked us." Gwen looked at him with a smile and said, "Thank you Mr. Brown." Hobie said to Gwen, "You can call me Hobie if yins like mate." Hobie then told Gwen what he told Miles about him being sent by Miguel to help fight Blackout. Gwen asked them, "Do you guys know where she went?" They both shook their heads and said no. They all then made a plan that once Gwen gets out of the hospital and the rest of their honeymoon is over, they would find Miguel and stop Blackout.

Miles then tells Gwen that she should get some sleep, Gwen nodded and Hobie said, "Well I'll let you guys be, Miles mate message me on your gizmo if yins need anything a'ight?" Miles nodded and thanked Hobie again for helping them and Hobie leaves the room. Gwen lays on her side as Miles sits on the chair by her bed. Gwen shoots a web at him and says, "Baby what are you doing?" Miles says, "I'm sitting in the chair for the night to watch you and to keep you safe." Gwen says to Miles, "Can you sleep with me? I'm cold." Miles says to her, "As much as I want to I can't, what if something happens in the middle of the night, I promised your dad I would always protect you from harm, I made you the same." Gwen gives him the biggest puppy eyes ever and quivers her lip and says, "Please??" Miles tried to look away and it didn't work, he couldn't resist and finally gave in and got into the bed with Gwen. She then cuddled closer to him and laid her head in his neck, he chuckled and wrapped his arms around her. She kissed his cheek and said, "I love you Miles." Miles kisses her head and says, "I love you too Gwen." They both drift off into sleep.