Chapter 12: Dinner and a Nightmare

Gwen and Miles were at the hospital for hours on end talking with George, sharing laughs with each other and talking about how they both became spider people. Miles then got a message from his mom that read, "My hijo, you still bringing Gwen to dinner?" Miles then remembers about the dinner and says, "Shoot, I totally forgot!" Gwen asks, "Whats wrong sweetheart?" Miles replies, "My mom wanted me to invite you to dinner." Gwen says, "Really? They want to meet me?" Miles then says, "Well we talked this morning about me being Spider Man and they told me to invite you to dinner, but only if you want to of course." Gwen leaps into his arms and kisses him, she then tells Miles, "Of course I want to come to dinner!" Miles smiles and says, "Great! I'll tell them we're on our way." Miles goes out in the hall to call his mom and tell her that they're on their way, meanwhile Gwen is pacing across the room. George asks her if she is alright, she says, "I'm fine, I'm just nervous about meeting his parents. What if they don't like me? What if they don't approve of me? What if I say something wrong and Miles hates me? I can't lose him dad I just can't. I love him too much to lose him." George reassures her that everything is going to be okay. He tells her that she has nothing to worry about, she says, "You're right, it's gonna be okay." Deep down, Gwen was still panicking. But little did she know, Miles heard every word of her state, and he thought he was nervous meeting her dad. He didn't know that she was this nervous about meeting his parents but he said to himself, "When we're on our way to my house, I'll show Gwen that she doesn't need to be nervous." Miles re enters the room and asks if she's ready to go, Gwen nods her head and hugs her dad, as they're hugging George whispers in Gwen's ear, "Just remember what I said, no matter what happens tonight, Miles isn't going to hate you, I have a feeling this dinner will make your relationship stronger." Gwen says, "Thanks dad!" As she lets go, Miles stuck out his hand and said, "Always a pleasure sir, we'll be back tomorrow I promise." George smiles and says softly to him, enough so Gwen couldn't hear him, "I know, and I know you'll keep my daughter safe." He says with a wink. Miles smiles and nods. Miles takes Gwen's hand in his and they share their goodbyes to George and head to Miles' dimension. As the portal closes, George looks to the heavens and says, "Helen, our little girl is growing up and she's with the perfect man. I know he'll keep her safe always and I'm so proud to call him my future son in law." He says with a smile before falling asleep.

Gwen and Miles get to his dimension and he takes her to his apartment. As they're walking, she starts to tense up and Miles notices. He stops and Gwen says, "Why'd we stop Miles?" Miles then plants the most passionate and most caring kiss ever on her lips and she kisses back. Miles then breaks the kiss and say to her, "Gwen listen, I know you're nervous about meeting my parents and I just wanted to let you know that no matter what happens tonight, nothing is going to make me stop loving you. I am always going to love you no matter what, so no matter if this dinner goes good or goes bad, I could never hate you ever." He takes her hand into his and says, "I love you...so so much Gwen and I always will, I promise you with every ounce of everything inside and outside of my being that I will protect you and keep you safe, from now on when someone messes with you they mess with me. You're enemies are my enemies now. As long as I'm alive and breathing, you're not alone anymore. Promise me you'll never ever forget what I just said, promise?" At this point Gwen was on the verge of tears, she clings to Miles and kisses him with passion and after a few minutes, she breaks the kiss and says, "Miles you have no idea how much that meant to me. I love you so much Miles Morales and I'll never stop loving you either. And I promise I'll never forget what you told me, I promise. Miles takes Gwen's hand and kisses it and embraces her, he starts to feel Gwen's nerves going down and going away. She then grabs Miles hand into hers and they walk to his apartment.

They arrive and Miles opens the door, they are greeted by a very excited Rio and the first thing she says is, "Hi Gwen so nice to finally you!" Rio goes to hug Gwen and Gwen returns the hug, Gwen says to Rio, "It's so good to meet you too Mrs. Morales." Rio says, "Please, call me Rio." Jeff then enters the room and says, "So, this is the girl Miles doesn't stop talking about." Miles says, "DAD!" Gwen laughs and blushes before Jeff says, "I'm just messing with you Miles, but seriously he does talk about you a lot." Gwen says to Jeff, "Good things I hope Mr. Davis." Jeff then says, "Oh very very great things, you have no idea how in love he is with you and please, call me Jeff." Miles says again, "DAD!" Rio laughs and then says, "Well dinner should be ready in a moment, you two go get washed up and we'll call you when it's ready." Miles responds with, "Ok mama." Miles and Gwen gets washed up and then Miles asks her, "Want me to take you on a tour of mi casa mi amor?" In her head she says, "Why does his Spanish sound so...sexy!?" Miles tries to bring her back to reality with, "Gwen...Gwen...GWEN!" Gwen breaks out of her trance and Miles smiles and says, "You got a minute?" Gwen responds with, "Hey that's my line!" Miles says, "Too late mine now!" They both laugh and then Miles says, "So do you want that tour?" Gwen says, "I would love one!" After about 10 minutes of showing Gwen around his apartment, Rio calls out to them that dinner is ready. They both head to the dining room, Miles pulls out a chair for Gwen and says in a very flirty and chivalrous way , "I believe this chair belongs to you m'lady." Gwen laughs and kisses him on the cheek and then says, "Miles you're too cute!" Miles laughs and pushes her chair in and then sits in the chair next to her. Rio and Jeff sit at the table too and 2 minutes later, the talks unfold...