Chapter 14: A New Villain Emerges

Language Warning: 18+ Included

9 months has passed and our heroes are better than ever. Miles fights alongside Gwen in her dimension and Gwen fights alongside Miles in his dimension. In both dimensions they have become the "Spider Duo", and Gwen and Miles could not be any happier. They have been together for 9 months and today was a special day, not only was today Gwen's birthday, but today was the day Miles would ask Gwen to marry him. While Gwen was out with Peni at the mall shopping for clothes and hanging out, Miles was with Peter B. trying to find the perfect engagement ring. After looking for an hour, Miles finds the ring he wants to buy, and he goes into his jacket pocket to find his wallet, and what he feels isn't his wallet, it's the ring George gave to Miles to give to Gwen when he was ready to pop the question. Miles tells to Peter, "Hey Pete, we don't need the ring, I forgot I have one." Peter says to Miles, "What do you mean you already have a ring?" Miles responds with, "Her dad gave me this ring the day I met him at the hospital and told me to propose to Gwen with it when it was time." Peter smiles and says, "Well that's a real money saver!" Miles chuckles and they both head out of the store and Miles calls his mom and says, "Mama stage one is a go, ready for stage two." Rio replies with, "Great mi hijo, I'll tell your father and we'll both meet you there with George." Rio and Jeff already knew about Miles being Spider Man and a few months ago they caught Miles and Gwen stopping Rhino and they knew Spider Woman's voice anywhere, they eventually put two and two together and found out that she was Gwen. After finding out all 4 of them had a long talk about them being the Spider Duo, and they loved Gwen even more afterwards. One month prior to today, Miles still wanted to ask George for his blessing, even though he gave him his blessing in the hospital. Miles was traditional, and didn't want to just propose to Gwen, he wanted to ask the father beforehand, that's just the man Miles was.

One Month Ago

Miles went to Earth-65, he went to Gwen's apartment and knocked at the door. George opened the door and said, "Hey Miles how's it goin'" Miles said to George, "Nothing much sir, is Gwen here?" George said, "No she just left for band practice, you can catch her down in the lobby if you hur..." Miles interrupted and said, "Actually I was needing to talk to you sir." George said to Miles, "Oh, well come in and have a seat." Miles says, "Thank you sir." And he heads inside and sits on the couch. George asks Miles, "So what'd you wanna talk about son?" Miles takes a breath and says to George, "Sir, I don't know what you're going to say about this, but...I really love your daughter sir, I have never met anyone in my life like Gwen, she's super smart, brave, beautiful, she's the whole package to me. I love your daughter with all that I am and I promised you that I would always keep her safe and protected. Now I understand you gave me your blessing when you were in the hospital but we Morales' are traditional, and we always ask the father for their blessing when it comes to marriage. So what I'm trying to ask you sir is...do I have your blessing to marry your daughter?" George looked at Miles for a good minute until he breaks the awkwardness and says to Miles, "Miles buddy I get it, I gave you my blessing when I was in the hospital, and to be truthful with you, I'm a traditional man myself, I asked my wife's father for his blessing which he granted because he saw something in me just like I see something in you Miles. And again to be truthful with you Miles, when I gave you my blessing at the hospital, it was a bit of a test. A test to see if you would just take my word, run away and marry Gwen. So not only did you pass the test...you gained my full respect, and you also have my blessing to marry my daughter." Miles got up from the couch and shook George's hand, while they were shaking hands, George tells Miles, "I trust you Miles, Gwen trusts you with all her heart. I know you won't hurt my little girl, I know you'll keep your promise and keep her safe for the rest of your lives." Miles smiles and lets go of George's hand and was about to walk out the door before George asked him, "Hey before you go, want a beer?" Miles said to George nervously, "No sir I'm not of age and honestly even if I was I don't ever plan on ever drinking, even with Gwen in my life." George grins and says to Miles, "Good son, you passed my last test. Besides I don't have any here anyway, I don't drink either!" They both laughed before Miles said he had to go, George told Miles before he walked out the door, "Good luck son, you made me and your parents proud." Miles smiled and walked out the door.