can't you talk to them? | p.p.

822 words, does it count as a blurb? I usually think of 500 or less as one.

tw: spiders? (different kinds including peter)

peter spun round and round in his swivel chair, trying to entertain himself. this was one of those days where he had absolutely nothing to do. it's not like he didn't appreciate people not breaking into banks, he just kinda forgot how boring it could be. he debated calling his girlfriend, but he assumed she'd be busy with work. peter couldn't even pester aunt may, she was at the hospital.

does everyone have a life except me?

he groaned and threw his head, slightly dizzy from the spinning. he got up and glanced out the window. it was really nice outside, patrolling wouldn't hurt. peter got into his "spidey suit," y/n had insisted on calling it that, despite the fact it took the coolness away. he pushed open the window gently, and hopped out, shooting a web to the nearest building he could see. peter swung from there, hollering in joy.

spidermaning could be stressful at times, but these moments made swinging around in clad spandex worth it. he did a couple flips and tricks, making sure to impress the public before landing on a building to take a breath. he grinned up at the sky and took off his mask, hands on his knees trying to get his heart rate back to normal.

peter's phone rang in his back pocket, and he pulled it out, checking the caller. he subconsciously smiled, seeing as it was his beautiful girlfriend. giddy, he answered.

"hey, y/n!"

"peter! peter! oh my god!" there was panic in her voice, and he felt the hairs on this neck rise. something was wrong, he knew it, given there was a tingling feeling at the back of his head.

"what's wrong? y/n—"

"hurry! i can't— i don't—" the scream she lets out makes peter's blood freeze. before he can get even another word in, the line goes dead.

"y/n? y/n!"

he clumsily stuffs his phone in the pocket and takes off the building. peter can't lose her. she's all he has. the yell echos in his head, urging him to go faster. an even worse thought enters his mind. what if he's too late? what if—

no, no. she's okay.

how will he get in? peter left the key back at home, along with literally everything else but his phone.

the window!

he lands on the side of the building, opening the bedroom window- not so gently. he's trying to hurry, but that's just making it harder. finally, the bug gets it open and jumps in.

"i'm here! i'm here! who i have to punch?!" peter looks around for her, before spotting her huddled in the corner of her bedroom, broom in hand. she's wearing one of his old shirts and... no pants? at least none that he can see.

no, no, bad spider, not now.

he rushes over to her, taking y/n's figure into his arms.

"are you okay? are you bleeding? hurt? broken bones? who's there?"

wordlessly, y/n gestures her broom to a spot in front of her, eyes wide. he frantically scans the surface, confused as to why he can't see anything there. peter holds her tighter.

"i don't— w-who's there?"

"look!" she hisses.

"i am!"

"look harder!"

"but— oh. wait, what? are you— is that a spider you're talking about?"

she nods frantically, poking him with the end of the broom. "go!" y/n yells, waving her hands around wildly.

"where?"

"go kill it!"

"i- no, i'm not gonna kill it. it's not even doing anything! you know, you scared the shit outta me, i was so scar—"

"well, tell it to leave!"

"...i'm sorry, tell it?"

"you're a spider! can't you talk to them?"

"...the fuck you on?"

y/n shooed him.

"you can't talk to it?"

"no. what? w-were you under the impression that i could talk to spiders for the last two years?"

"that was supposed to be one of the pros of dating you!"

"..."

he sighed and walked over to it, taking the arachnid into his hand. peter turned back around with a shit-eating grin in his face.

"babe..." she warned.

"look, darling! not even a little scary." he held in front of her face, and y/n held her breath.

"i'm gonna fucking break up with you, don't get any closer to me with that- that mini you in your hand!"

he snickered and moved closer.

"pete— peter benjamin parker, i swear to god that i will get a restraining order against you if you don't get the fuck away from me right now. what would aunt may say about that?"

peter sighed, and took a step back. he moved by the window and let it out, closing it afterwards.

she put the broom away, and went back to whatever the hell she was doing.

"no thank you?"

"oh, trust me, i was gonna give you more than a thank you, given you hadn't pulled that little stunt!"

swiftly, he pinned her again the wall, "like what?"

"now you won't find out."

"really?" before he could say anything more, she pressed her lips to his. "how's that for a thank you?"

"i think i'll take it."