prom and the public | t.h.

reader is 20-21?? tom is 25-26?? don't hate 5 years isn't even that bad (y are age gaps kinda hot tho [not like 13 and 68 {because that's weird}] yk what i mean?????) 2.6k words+

def one of the longer ones

send in requestssss pleaseeeee

tw: mentions of sex, batman tom

you sat in a seat as your professor went off about something, trying not to fall asleep. he sounded so passionate about it. and the things is, if he were talking about actual academics, like you major (biotechnology) then of course you'd pay attention, as that was your interest.

but no.

he was off about his ex-girlfriend, trying to convince his class, and quite evidently himself, that it wasn't his fault samantha left him. you felt slightly bad for the man, because it really seemed like he was about to have a mental breakdown.

he'd been like this for the last couple of classes, and it was driving you beyond insane. he hadn't been making any progress with his love life, and you hadn't been making any progress with your life and to-be career.

so all in all, it was a lose-lose. but after watching him like this, you decided you were glad to not have a non-existent love life.

not that anyone knew you had a love life.

because as of now, you hadn't gone public with tom. it's not that you weren't serious with him or anything, it just never needed to happen. you never needed to go public, so it never happened.

the older man cleared his throat and blinked rapidly, checking the time on his watch. "well, just a couple minutes until this class ends. i must thank you all," he placed a hand on his heart, "for being here to listen."

not like we had a choice.

"anyways," he nodded as he picked up a stack of paper and handed it to the girl in the first row, "here, just take one and pass it down. as you all know, prom is soon, and the faculty just finalized the date, which is 3 weeks and 5 days from now. bring a date, and don't end up like me, all sad and lonely."

"don't be pathetic, basically," a boy in the 3rd row called out, causing some others around him to laugh.

as soon as you got the paper, you skimmed over the details, then flipped it over, sinking down in your seat.

"yeah," your professor sighed, "basically." and after a moment, "well, out you go. out, out!" he shooed everyone away and you felt relief take over, glad to be out of that hell-hole. since that was your last class of the day, you'd get to go home now. to tommy.

it had been only a couple months since you'd moved with him, and you had absolutely no regrets. the entire thing only had you feel closer to him, and as tom worked, you finished up college.

at first, you weren't sure. you felt bad getting to live off his money like that as he paid for everything, and you wanted to contribute. he'd assured you that it wasn't needed and that he had more than enough money to keep the two of you going. so you quit the job you had at the old cafe, moving out of your tiny, smelly dorm, and in with him.

and it was probably one of the best choices you'd ever made.

you unlocked the car and tossed your things in the passengers seat, starting your drive home.

you weren't planning on going to the prom, because everyone who was going had dates, and you couldn't take another boy because you were literally dating tom (not that it was a bad thing, because it most certainly was not), and you couldn't take him either. you knew he'd feel bad if you told him, and you didn't want to pressure him into going public.