the worth for worrying | p.p.

tw: none

it's pure fluff

bro i never know what to write with fluff so sorry in advance if its short

pls send in requests on my request pageeee i'm running out of inspo and i've only started thissss

candles were dimly lit, with the fairy lights on the lowest setting. the aroma of lavender and sage was swirling around the room, making you sigh contently. it was a peaceful night, and you were home alone with not much to do. soft music played in the background while you hummed along.

you sat on the floor, with piles of books surronding you as you re-did your bookshelf. here, right now, by yourself, you felt at peace. it was almost like a santuary for you.

the last couple of days hadn't been easy, with school, exams, and really just worrying.

worrying for, your dad, tony.

worrying for peter.

for nat.

and wanda.

and steve.

and bruce.

and clint.

and vision.

and everyone else.

for everyone you loved that risked their lives everyday, not knowing if they'd come back home. and while you weren't the one fighting, it took a toll on you anyways. you'd sit alone some nights, when the team was out on a mission, hoping they'd return to you.

because in the end, all you could do was hope. hope was your intelligent kind of bravery, the will to seek what was good, to keep walking for the chance of better things to come.

and then when they came home, back to you, it was a burden lifted off your shoulders, and the heavy aching that stranded itself in the back of your throat disappeared.

that was all it took for you to realize that everything was worth it, all the hoping and the wishing. in one single moment everything made sense.

you jumped a little when you heard tapping on the window. getting up and moving toward it, you slid the glass up.

"hey, angel," he whispered.

"hi, pete," you rolled his mask up until the bottom of his nose, kissing him softly on the lips. it was comforting to know that kisses with peter would always be the same. they'd always be from a place of love. he'd taste like happiness and cinnamon and joy all wrapped into one. it was a feeling too overwhelming to explain, because there weren't words that were beautiful enough to describe it.

you let him in, and he pulled his mask off.

"done patrolling for the night?" you asked, sitting back down.

"oh, yeah. but i wanted to see my favorite girl first."

"is there more than one girl?"

"well," he sighed jokingly, "you might have some competition."

you rolled your eyes, "as if nat would ever even bat an eye towards your way."

he laughed, making you join in as well. peter took a seat on your bed, gazing blissfully towards you.

"'otn' comes before 'oyw'..." you murmured, trailing off.

"organizing the shelf again?"

"yeah."

"how this time?"

"well, i did it by height the first time, and that took forever because i used a ruler to measure all of them, and then i did color, so now i'm doing it by last name," you said, sliding another book into place.

he got up and sat behind you, wrapping his arms around your torso and kissing the side of your head. "you're on 'p' now?"

you simply nodded, easing into his grip. "that'll take you forever," he remarked, burying his nose into the crook of your neck.

"it is. i've been here for a couple hours. i think i'll do it by my favorites next."

"why do you do this?"

"huh?"

"organize, i mean. i can't even keep my room decent, and here you are, re-doing your shelf everyday."

"it's comforting, i guess," you replied after a moment.

"yeah?"

"yeah. this is like... it's like the one thing i can control. whether i want my books in color order, or height, or whatever, i get to pick. i don't get to decide what happens to to the people i love when they're out risking their lives, because i'm not there, there's just... just nothing i can do? does that make sense? i sound crazy, don't i?" you chuckled.

"no, you don't. i think it's nice. calms you down, no? that's good. this is- this is good."

you hummed in reply, fully content. it was just you and peter, just you and your love. everthing didn't matter, not now, not in this moment.

having this boy right here by yout side was more than enough to you. yes, you would worry about him non-stop, but it was worth it. he was worth it.

"i like these," he said, holding you tighter.

"what?"

"you know, these quiet nights. when it's just us."

"i was thinking just the same thing."

"i wanna marry you," he said suddenly, and your turned slightly to try and see him, to see if he was kidding or not. he must have read your mind because he said; "i'm not joking. i'm gonna marry you someday, i swear."

"getting ahead of yourself?"

"no, it's just... i guess it's because i know my future. i know what it's gonna be, and that's you. and when you already know... you just wanna get to it. when i think of what's set out for me, i think of you."

you were blushing so hard, so didn't know what to say, so you settled for; "i can't wait to marry you, then."

"how many kids?"

you laughed, "what?"

"kids! how many?"

"hmmm," you pretended to think. "three."

"oh, yeah! spider-kid one, spider-kid two, and spider-kid three!"

"peter benjamin parker! we are not naming our kids that!"

"well, then, what would you suggest?" he asked smugly.

"easy. ben, uh, tony, and... mary, right?"

he was quiet, and you were afraid you said the wrong thing.

"that's perfect," he said so softly, if it was any quieter, you wouldn't have heard anything.

"don't tell daddy i said that, though, he has a big enough ego."

"that's for sure. so two boys and girl? i like that."

"uh-huh. but we'll have a dog. obviously. named tessa."

"okay, i like that, too. with, um, fish! yeah. fish."

"fish?" you giggled.

"i've always wanted a fish," he defended.

"okay, okay, sure. so three kids, ben, mary, and tony, a dog and a fish."

"two fish." he nodded, "so they won't be lonely," peter added.

"then should we get another dog, too?"

"yes!"

the two of you went back and forth like that, naming the things you wanted to be in your life.

yes, peter would make your hair fall out in clumps, give you wrinkles early, and probably kill you by giving you a heart attack, but it didn't matter. you'd worry about him the rest of your life, and that was okay.

you were okay with your hair falling out in clumps, getting wrinkles early, and dying from a heart attck, because being with peter made all the worrying worth it.