games // part four | p.p.

who says peter parker owns an apartment 
final partttt
request, vote, and comment

peter made a point to stay away from me the following week, and for that i didn't blame him. i'd fucked up and this is what i deserved. i didn't know what to say or do that would make this better.

all in all, i'd chickened out. i was scared and i had no other reasoning. does this count as trama-induced shit? i don't know. 

it was too late now, really.  he hated me and that was fine, it would be better off this way. we would be better off this way. i wouldn't accidently hurt him or vice versa, yeah?

yeah. 

...yeah?

i was currently hiding in library, so i would be able to avoid peter's sad eyes.

"you're a bitch, ya know?"

i was taken aback, my head snapping towards the voice. 

mj. it was mj.

"i-i'm sorry?"

"don't act like you don't know what i'm talking about. it's not like the whole school knows, anyways. that's literally what everyone's talking about."

"i.."

she raised an eyebrow. "you stood up peter?"

"that's not- i didn't-"

"yeah. you did. why? he doesn't deserve that, and you know it."

blinking, i wasn't sure what to say? i was scared? to what, break my heart? quietly, i whispered a response. "i dunno," lie, "i wasn't really thinking," lie, "i guess i was afraid?" truth.

"to what?"

"hurt him. break his heart? break mine? these things never end well."

"well, how's that working for you?"

"what do you mean?"

"breaking hearts," mj explained.

oh. oh, okay. i see. i may have contridicted myself here. i shook my head, very literally trying to shake the thoughts out of my head. "no, you don't get it."

"then help me. help me understand."

"...i-" what was there to explain? "my parents got divorced," short and sweet."

"okay? my parents got divorced."

"not the same."

"why?" 

"because."

"because why?"

"god, why are you doing this?"

"no, why are you doing this?"

i threw my hands up in the air, exasperated. "doing what!?"

"you're running away. from this. from him. don't you realize that it won't help anything?"

"but my parents-"

"you aren't your parents. their love story doesn't dictate yours. make your own, your own story. fill up the pages with whatever the hell you want, but don't you dare close that book."

yes, it was a weird comparison, but it oddly made sense. 

"what are you getting at?"

"you can be your own person. just because your mom and dad didn't work, doesn't mean you and peter won't. it doesn't even have to be serious, just try it. for him. for yourself. give it a chance, maybe he'll end up being the one. besides, peter isn't like that. he's a gentleman. i pretty sure. unless he's a secret fuckboy, i don't know.