meet my overbearing family | t.h.

this is for my fellow indians... ily guyssss

also i wanted to do this because we are underappreciated and i've never seen an indian!reader one

sorry if it's not one that you expected and not one you can relate to well, but dw i won't do all of them like this it's just something i wanted to try

pls pls PLS leave requests on the request chapter if you won't (i won't be able to do all of them but i'd love to see) and leave constructive criticism just don't be mean pls i don't take rejection well at all-

i tried to explain some stuff here, but i probably didn't do that well lmao (it's hindi btw)

but for instance, when indian touches an elder's feet (not in a weird way) they're asking for blessings. for us, at least, it's VERY important

like it's disrespectful if you don't

just an fyi

you don't have to be indian to read this, it's simply for anyone who wants to yk

(dress, hair, makeup above is the one in the fic ^^)

tw: cursing, mentions of sex, aunties

enjoy, my loves

wait before u go off and read this, if i made more of these would u read them?? like obvi they'll all be y/n yk??

now enjoy (i need to make my authors notes shorter lmao)

(2238 words)

--

you shuffled through some more of your makeup, touching up your hair at the same time. diwali was held annually at your parents' home, where many relatives would take time off to see each other. during diwali, people would wear their finest clothes, illuminate the interior and exterior of their homes with saaki (earthen lamp), diyas (candles) and rangoli, perform worship ceremonies of Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity and wealth, light fireworks, and partake in family feasts, where mithai (sweets) and gifts are shared.

it was also the first time that tom would be attending with you, which may have been the reason you were nervous. every since a young age, your parents had kind of expected you to marry someone of your own nationality.

after all, your two sisters did that, as well as your brother. your parents had met tom a couple times, but seeing as he was busy filming, they hadn't gotten to know him that well, despite the fact it was almost a year that the two of you were together.

you stepped out of the bathroom, picking up your dress slightly to keep you from tripping. pulling open a draw in the cabinet, you picked up a nice kurta set for tom, one that you'd gotten him last week. it was a pretty navy blue, one you knew would complement his warm eyes.

"oh, hey, love, you all ready?"

you couldn't help but nod shyly, most of your attire consisted of sweatpants, so him seeing you dressed up made you blush a little.

"you look really pretty, y/n," he kissed your cheek. "i love the traditional look on you."

"thanks, tommy. now go put this on, i don't wanna be late. can't make a bad impression, now can we?"

he rolled his eyes playfully and took the items from you, before changing. in front of you, making you blush a bright red.

"what, darling? we literally have sex all the time," tom snickered.

"yes, yes, i-i know. shut up and hurry," you said, getting over your embarrassment and shamelessly checking him out. 

"you're not very subtle."