let me help | p.p.

tw: abuse. if you don't feel comfortable reading this, please don't. but if you read it and are triggered, please feel free to reach out and talk. i'm here for you guys, and this loving wattpad community. also, i kinda got this from the book "hello, girls." have you guys read it? (2.7k+ words.)

y/n laid in her bed, scrolling mindlessly through her socials, even though she should have been studying for her english test. she got up and stretched, fingers grazing over the bruise on her forearm from last week. deciding to push away all the negative things in the world, y/n creaked her bedroom door open.

the girl walked down the stairs, her stomach growling for food. y/n was already thinking of the delightful snacks in her pantry as she absent-mindly hummed. she snapped back into reality as she bumped into her mom.

"sorry, i was just getting a snack-"

"not now, y/n, please, daddy's not in a good mood right now." it only took her seconds to put two and two together. her mother's red rimmed eyes and the newly forming bruise on her cheek said everything.

"oh," was all she could manage in that moment.

"y/n, darling, is that you?" her father called out, causing her to flinch. her mother's eyes widened as her head shot to the kitchen.

"mom? should i-"

"y/n, didn't i call you?"

"y-yes, daddy, i'll be right there," y/n took small, tentative steps towards her father, her mother trailing close behind.

"richard, please don't hurt her too much, she's just a child," her mother begged.

"please go up to the room, alexandra."

part of her hoped that her mother would stay here and fight him, protect y/n. but she knew she wouldn't because alexandra was just as petrified as her daughter. she feared the man just as greatly. so at the end of the day, the older woman would succumb to his words, leaving y/n to pick up her own pieces. she watched in disappointment as her mother left.

"yes, daddy?"

he sat in a chair, an almost empty bottle of beer in his hand. taking the last gulp, he held it out, signaling his daughter to dispose of it. she quickly did so, taking another one out, knowing he would want it.

"tell me, my dear, what is it that you and mother were discussing just now?"

she stayed silent, afraid to open her mouth, fearing she would say the wrong thing. maybe if she hoped enough, it would all go away. it was just one big nightmare. y/n watched him as he brought a cigar up to his lips, lighting it.

"i asked a question, and i want an answer."

"um, we," y/n didn't what to say, she was quaking in fear. the last thing she wanted to do was to get her mother in trouble. "we didn't say anything."

"i see. take a seat, love." she did so, already knowing what was in store for her. richard approached her, pulling the cigar out and blowing a breath. she held in a cough, afraid to get in more trouble if she did. he pressed it to her forearm, and she whimpered in pain.

it was a deep, aching pain. it felt as if it went all the way to her bone. y/n wanted to curl up into a big ball and cry, right there on the floor. but she couldn't, she didn't want her father to think she was overreacting. he pulled it back from her skin, and she hissed in agony.

"you shouldn't lie to me. it isn't a desirable trait, darling."

"i'm sorry."

"my daughter dearest, i only want to help you. give you a bright future, that's all. you know i don't like hurting you, but it's the only way you'll learn."