advice from one who can't take their own | p.p.

peter had been so weird lately. as if he was hiding something from her, one big secret. no, not spiderman. y/n already knew that. it's not like she'd walked into him wearing boxers and  holding his suit.

good times.

this was different and she could tell. but y/n had a plan. a well-ish formulated plan. they had study sessions every week, always on wednesdays, the same day she would find out what that cheeky bastard was hiding.

y/n stuffed her bag with her school notebooks, and dumping whatever else was in her locker in there. zipping it up, she saw peter in the corner of her eye and walked over to him, picking her words out carefully.

"hi, pete. we're still up for today at yours, right? you, mj, ned, and i?"

he turned around to face you rather quickly, his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water as he searched for words. it was like he'd forgotten all the english he'd spent 17 years of his life learning.

"um, uh, yes, yeah. totally up. like, so freaking up. i-in the sky and... mhm," he cringed so hard at his word choice and she furrowed her brows together.

this was the weird she had been talking about.

"...okay. you good? you seem kinda, uh... never mind. see you then." she hadn't even bothered to further address it, turning on her heels and leaving the school. oh, well. y/n would figure it out in about 2 hours and 12 minutes exactly. (she was rather looking forward to finding out.)

peter let out a breath he hadn't known he was even holding as he slammed his locker shut and rested his forehead against it. why was he so terrible at this? why hadn't she caught on yet? wasn't he being so blatantly obvious about it?

mj and ned had figured it out fast. ned, for god sakes could put two and two together, so why couldn't y/n? it was save him so much time. and embarrassment. so much embarrassment. peter groaned in frustration as he headed back to his place, walking excruciatingly slowly on purpose. 

maybe he could come up with some last minute excuse for spider-man or something. peter knew she'd understand.

no, he told himself, i'm not chickening out. it's cool. i'm cool. ice cool.

he could be chill about this, he had to. after all, it's not like their friendship was riding on this.

when he got home, he barely mumbled a "hi" to aunt may and went to go sulk in his room. this boy was so sure that she didn't like him back, but sooner or later, y/n would find out, and he'd rather it be from him than anyone else.

if he could be spider-man, swinging around the city in a skintight suit, why couldn't he confess to his school-boy crush.

except it wasn't a crush.

he was in love, and at least he could admit that to himself.

peter trudged over to his desking, deciding he could use a distraction. he pulled out his notebook, only used for blueprints and other spidermanly stuff, and started on a new web cartridge design. only gods know how long he sat there for, and whether or not his butt was sore by then.

"hey."

peter yelped, snapping his neck towards the door, pausing momentarily as he got a weird sense of deja-vu.

just ned.

"dude, what are you doing here already," he glanced at the time, "you know we've got practically an hour, right?"

"12 minutes," peter's eyes widened, as he didn't realize that much time had passed. "but technicalities aside, i didn't really have anything better to do, so i thought 'might as well live up to the title of guy in the chair.' also, why'd you shriek like that? don't you have your peter tingle, or whatever?"