cheering for you (blurb) | p.p.

peter parker loved you. and that was it, simply put. he wasn't afraid to show it. that's why he was cheering the loudest as you walked across the stage, ready to accept your diploma at your graduation. 

he was 3 years and 3 months older than you, so he'd already gone through high school, and was currently in his last year of college. 

your smile was bright and your eyes were gleaming as you found peter in the crowd, it wasn't hard, he was the loudest after all. 

as you strode proudly over to your teacher, you were so focused on peter that you weren't watching where you were going. the stage was very narrow, and you being, well, you, tripping over your own feet (blame the 4 inch heels) and tumbled off the stage. 

you've had your share of embarrassing moments before, but this for sure tops it. peter's eyes widened, and he pushed through some people to help you up. 

"you alright, angel?" he murmured. 

you only laughed sheepishly, "yep. classic me. i knew something would go wrong."

standing up, you waved to the crowd, yelling out a quick "i'm okay!" to them, causing some light, friendly laughter.

hoisting yourself up the stage, (forgetting about the stairs entirely) and walked back to the wings. "hey, uh, i'm- i'm just gonna try that again!" you cleared your throught and and tried once more, this time not tripping and falling off the stage. you grabbed your certificate, bowed, and went to the corner to stand by the others. 

-

"remember when you fell off the stage at grad?" he teased, looking up from his nutritious meal which was mcdonald's. 

you propped your feet up on the car's dashboard. "that was, like, two hours ago. also, shut up, penis parker."