right next door // part two | p.p.

part two is out!!!!

summary: summary: you move in right next door to a cutie, problem is, he isn't much of a talker. or anything at all. but it's okay, because you're dead-set on getting him to warm up to you.

warnings: none, maybe cursing?

pairing: post-nwh!peter parker x fem!bubbly!reader

word count: 2.0k+ words

-

you yelped, and in panic, threw down the dish towel onto the fire, hastily trying to get rid of it. you nervously glanced up at the alarm, sighing in relief when it didn't go off.

well, that relief?

it lasted two seconds.

the loud blaring sound made you jump, and you whined.

"are you kidding me? you have to be kidding me. seriously, i mean, it's my first freaking day here and i've already messed it up. everyone's gonna freaking hate me. i'll have neighbors that hate me! and then they'll kick me out and arsenate me and-"

you cut yourself off, realizing that you had to get out of the apartment.

"screw you, stupid oven!" and for good measure, you threw the measuring cup at it, only slightly wincing at the loud bang.

sighing, you exited the flat, dreading what was yet to come. there were already people out in the hall, cursing and grumbling under their breath. you paused in front of the elevator before realizing that wasn't going to pass. you slipped into the crowd that was already down the stairs, checking the time on your phone.

you didn't bring anything else but that, knowing that it wasn't an actual fire.

you know because you're the one who set it off.

it was 10:47pm, so not everyone had been sleeping, but there was also a large chuck of people who were.

several people were dressed in their pjs, including yourself. all you had on was a black satin shirt, paired with matching shorts.

...which were definitely short.

you tugged them down as far as you could, biting down on your lips. you were on the literal verge of a mental breakdown. how did everything go so south, so fast?

were you really that incapable of taking care of yourself?

you needed to be more responsible, you thought.

you exited through the front, and the cold air hit you like a brick, making you shiver. to say it was cold outside was an understatement.

it was absolutely freezing.

blowing out breath, you watched as the white cloud dissipated. out of the corner of your eye, you spotted peter. mustering up all the courage you could, you walked over, hugging your sides to warm up.

"um, hi. again."

he looked over at you, tilting his head slightly. your heart was racing, thudding against your ribcage so loudly you could hear it in your ears.

you held your breath, afraid that he'd hear your racing heart.

no, you scoffed in your head, that's impossible.

"hey," his voice was slightly raspy, mussed with sleep.

you shivered again, but not just because of the cold. your brows knitted in guilt, you must've woken him up as well.

"some idiot, huh?" you blurted.

"what?" he asked, recoiling slightly, as he straightened up.

"who bakes cookies this late?" god, you needed to shut up. now.