games // part three | p.p.

#adriencore

the only exception paramore

not proofread

wow this is finally done isn't that crazy

(first person)

over the last couple weeks, peter and i had gotten rather close. which was great, you know. it was nice to have a friend that i wasn't constantly yearning to impress.

everything with him was so easy. i didn't have to try when i was with him.

i guess that was my favorite part of peter's company. honestly, i couldn't remember the last time i had a friend like him.

now i can see why my dad liked him so much. peter just had that. i'm not sure what "that" was. it was something that made being around him so enticing. so fun. how was this kid not popular? he was so much better then flash is, and ever will be.

i saw him sitting by ned at lunch, and i wanted to join them. granted, ned and i had never really talked, but i'm sure he was great. after all, peter wouldn't hang out with someone shitty. i really liked him.

as friends, of course. yeah. he was like... a brother?

i got up, but liz stopped me, "where are you going?"

"oh, um, by peter."

"peter?" flash scoffed. "why the fuck would you willingly want to hang out with that ass?"

"first," i snapped, "peter's not an ass. if anyone is, it's you. he's actually really cool, but you have the iq of a goldfish so you wouldn't realize that."

liz and flash stared at me, jaws slacked. okay, so that was a bit bitchy, but they asked for it. it was out of their place to talk about peter like that.

he was so nice and freaking kind and special and one of a kind and i loved him so-

oh god.

no, no, it was fine if i loved him.

he was my friend, and i loved all my friends.

yep.

i sat down by him and he looked up. "hi, babes."

"oh- uh, hi, y/n."

ned's eyes widened and i smiled at him. "it's ned, yeah? we have 8th together."

y-yeah! we do!"

"i'm y/n."

"i know! i-i mean, yeah. i've seen you around."

i was getting deja-vu all of a sudden.

peter ignored ned, "did you need something?"

"nah. just got bored of my friends. god, i don't even know why i hang out with them, they're such jerks. honestly, you're so much better."

i pretended not to see ned wink not-so-subtly at peter beforing leaving to sit by betty and some of her friends.

peter was really pretty, i noticed. well, i'd noticed before, but that was irrelevent.

"so, um, uh- i... i was wondering if-" he was red-faced, then squeezed his eyes shut. "if you- you'd like to go on a date with me?" peter stuttered.

i gaped.

i did not see that coming at all.

"oh, christ," he murmured, "i shouldn't have said anything, and i fucked this up, and i'm so, so, so sorry-"

"yes."

i said it quickly, and i wasn't sure where it came from. but it was kind of late to go back now. what the fuck was i doing? i lov- liked him.