wasn't me | p.p. // part two

part two credit goes to waitimcomingtoo on tumblr

"Son of a..." Peter started to shout and then quieted down, "shart mama."

"I know. It's bad."

"This has gotten so out of hand. I've never taken this many L's in a row. I don't know if I can take anymore. My body is shutting down. I haven't peed all day." Peter said as he paced back and forth.

"Keep it together." You said as you gripped his shoulders.

"Oh no. This is going to be so awkward." Sam laughed at your misfortune.

"Why? Because everyone knows we're secretly dating except for Mr. Stark and they also know Mr. Stark will kill them for knowing and not telling him right away so tonight will be a long, uncomfortable game of who tells him first?" Peter asked all in one breath.

"Yes, that's exactly why." Sam nodded and looked at Peter strangely.

"I don't want to go." Peter whispered and turned to you.

"We all have to go." You told him. "He'll get sus if we're not all there."

"But what if your dad kills me?" Peter whined.

"Then I'll wait at least three months before getting a new boyfriend." You smiled sweetly and patted his chest.

"You can do that but I'll just haunt him and kill him in his sleep." Peter smiled back.

"Oh my God. Come on. We have to go get ready for dinner." You said and pulled Peter to your room.

30 minutes later, everyone was seated in the dining room with Tony at the head of the table. You and Peter nervously peered through the doorway to see what the set up was.

"What's our plan?" Peter asked you.

"Sit far away from each other and diverge the conversation every time my dad gets close to happening upon the truth."

"Okay. How hard can that be? We never get together for family dinner. They'll all be talking so much that you and I won't even come up."

You and Peter took your seats at the table with you next to your dad and Peter further away. You made eye contact with Peter and nodded to let him know that you were in this together. Everyone stayed dead silent as the food was passed around and Tony was quick to notice.

"Why is everyone so quiet? Did Sam leave porn on the big TV again?" Tony asked as he chewed his food. You gulped and looked at Peter in a panic. You had been wrong about everyone talking and keeping the attention away from you. Instead, everyone was silent and tense since they didn't want to be the one to let Tony know what Vision had seen.

"That was one time." Sam defended.

"But how could we ever forget?" Tony teased him.

"I just wanted to watch Mama Mia. My eyes were burned." Bucky said as he shut his eyes to keep out the memory.

"Let it go." Sam said flatly.

"I don't remember that." You said robotically. Sam gave you a discreet thumbs up across the table.

"What? You were the one that found it." Tony reminded you.

"Doesn't ring a bell. I think you're all remembering incorrectly." You said with no much stiffness it sounded like you were reading from a prompter. Tony looked around the table and everyone avoided eye contact with him. They mindlessly pushed their food around their plates to look busy so that Tony wouldn't ask them anything.

"Why is everyone acting weird?" Tony asked.

"What? We're not. You're being weird, dad." You forced a laugh and patted Tony's arm.