hair (blurb) | t.h.

midterms are killing me but i managed to poop this one out for you so be thankful peasants (i kid, i kid)

okay but this is low-key they're relationship... prove me wrong

i'll wait

oh riGHT YOU CAN'T

you were scrolling through your phone mindlessly, waiting for tom to come out of the shower. he'd just come back from the gym when you'd rung the doorbell, so he was taking a quick rinse. 

the two of you had only been dating for a couple months, but it was one of the best decisions you'd ever made. 

you heard the door open, and you looked up, met with with an amazing sight. 

he wasn't wearing a shirt, and his toned abs were showcased, out for you to admire. and trust, you were definitely doing that. 

but beyond all that, what caught your eyes the most was his hair.

soft, wet curls fell in heaps across his head, bouncing on his forehead. you couldn't help the heat that made itself onto your cheeks, and you locked eyes with him. 

you jumped up to your feet, rushing over to him and grabbing fistfuls of his curls. he backed away in protest, yelping. 

"what on earth-!"

"your hair! you have-...!

"hair? yeah, i know."

"no, no, i mean the- curls? or did you always have them?"

"oh," he laughed, finally understanding what you meant, "yes, love, i've always had them. i just normally have them gelled back."

"okay, like, not gonna lie, you just got way hotter. and i didn't even know that was possible."

"thanks."

and after a moment, "are you done now?"

"no! none of my friends ever let me play with their curls! and, well, you kinda have to."

"what? why?" tom chuckled.

"'cause we're dating. duh. it's, like, a rule."

"ah, i see. alright, well, it's my turn to pick the movie, loser."

"nooooo. i wanna!"

"jeez, you big baby. i'm literally dating a toddler."

"hmm. that's very pedo-core."

he groaned, throwing his head back, "but you picked last time anyways!"

"yep."

"it's my turn! and don't hate me, but i really don't wanna see aladdin for the millionth time!"

"take that back!"

"no!" sticking his tongue out, he blew a raspberry.

"now who's the toddler?" you gasped, shoving him lightly.

"butthole," he muttered. then hmmping, "actually, i'll do it."

"do what?"

"say bye to the curls!"

"you wouldn't!"

"i dunno. the buzzcut calls me."

"no! over a movie?"

"exactly, it's just a movie... so let me pick!"

"noooooo. you wouldn't."

"i've done it before, and i'll do it again."

you narrowed your eyes at him, "liar."

"watch me."

"i won't be watching anything, except for aladdin!"

tom raced back into the bathroom, shuffling around in a drawer. "ah-ha!" he triumphantly held up the electric razor. 

"no, no, we can talk about this. like civil people, tom. c'mon. put it down. come on, boy."

"hey! i'm not a dog!"

"rat!"

"now i'm definitely doing it!"

he flipped the switch, and the razor buzzed in his hand, hovering dangerously close to his head.

you narrowed your eyes at him, and he did the same back, holding up a singular curl. 

it got closer. 

and closer. 

and-

"fine! okay. okay! you can pick!" you yelped 

"ha! i win!" tom dropped it back into the drawer, closing it. 

-

you pulled your eyes away from the screen that was n't playing one of your favorite movies, "you weren't ever going to shave it all off, were you?"

"nope. but you bought it, and that's what counts."