Je Suis Une Amie

"You got a sharp stick for the other one?" -Caleb Rivers

"Is my chemistry book over there?" Emily asked. She, Isabel, and Emily were all in Emily's bedroom the next day.

"Uh, I don't see it," Spencer replied, staring out her window while Emily searched under her bed.

"It's probably in the room, Spence, not the front-yard," Isabel sighed, looking through Emily's bookshelf.

"What happened to the Cavanaughs' mailbox? Somebody hit it?" Spencer asked, ignoring her.

"It's not the first time, and I'm sure it wasn't an accident," Emily said darkly, getting up. "Every time I come home, Toby's  out there cleaning up some new mess."

"And please don't say he deserves it," Isabel added. She walked over to the window, where she saw that Toby's mailbox was, in fact, demolished.

"I wasn't gonna say that," Spencer muttered, watching Toby walk out and try to fix it.

"Is that it?" Isabel asked Emily, pointing under a chair.

"Thanks," Emily smiled. She dove under it and grabbed her book.

"Do you still think that somebody framed him?" Spencer asked, ignoring both of them now.

"Toby? Do we really wanna have this fight right now?" Isabel sighed. 

"I have to save up some of my energy for swim practice," Emily agreed.

"We're not on different sides anymore, guys," Spencer assured them. "I mean, I know what it feels like to have somebody say that you did something when you know that you didn't."

"Are you talking about the bracelets?" Emily frowned. Yesterday, when Spencer went to the bead shop, 'A' had bought the Jenna and Ali bracelets under Spencer's name.

"I'd never seen that bead lady before that day, and yet she had my name written down on two sales receipts," Spencer ranted. "I owe you an apology." Both Isabel and Emily gawked at her. "Seriously. You two believed that he was innocent from day one, And I jumped down your guys' throat. I said some really heinous things about Toby."

"You should apologize to him, not me," Emily smiled as she and Isabel walked out.

-

In the library, Isabel and the others, minus Aria, studied. Suddenly, the sound of ripping pages made Isabel look up, annoyed.

"Are you reading that fast, or are you fanning yourself?" Isabel scoffed as Hanna vigorously flipped through her math book. She stopped, but saw something, and got up.

"Where are you going?" Emily frowned.

"Um," Hanna gulped. "I left my lip gloss in the history stack. Gotta find it." Isabel watched as Hanna walked off, and saw a flash of brown in the direction she was headed. She smirked to herself, knowing who Hanna's 'lip gloss' was.