Crash and Burn, Girl

"Please

"Please. This has 'A' spray-painted all over it." -Aria Montgomery

Isabel woke up trashed. Again.

After the open mic night, she went to some bar called the Heart and Huntsman, or something like that, and drank her depression away again.

Of course, she had to call Caleb, since he seemed to be the only person who wouldn't completely kill for it.

"Hi," she said when he picked.

"What happened? You sound hungover- oh my god," he sighed. "You better not be."

"Surprise, surprise," she replied sarcastically. "Look, can you please drive me home? I don't trust my driving skills, even though I'm not drunk anymore. At least I don't think so."

"Isabela, when will you learn that drinking your feelings away never works?" Caleb asked, but it sounded like he had gotten up.

"When I find someone who really loves me," Isabel shrugged.

-

Caleb arrived ten minutes later, and she fell into the passenger seat. Quite literally.

He stared at her, not moving a muscle.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!" she said hastily, buckling her seat belt. "What'd you expect? That I'd get over my boyfriend of a year, who happened to be my best friend, leaving me in two days? This is how it's gonna be. Get used to it."

"No, I'm not," Caleb scoffed. "You cannot justify harming yourself with, 'oh, my boyfriend dumped me!' And not only are you screwing yourself over, you're also screwing your friends over. Did you even know that Hanna's mom was arrested?"

"What?" Isabel gaped, eyes widening.

"Yeah, Isabela, you didn't. When you withdraw yourself like that, Hanna, Emily, Aria, Spencer, even I'm affected. So you should think about the consequences of your actions on others," he snapped.

"You sound like you're my mom," Isabel huffed, rolling her eyes.

"That's because we never had one," he shrugged as he started the car. "Besides, you're supposed to be setting an example for me."

"What, because I'm the older sister?" Isabel frowned.

"Because you're supposed to be the smarter one."

"I am not smarter than you," she laughed bitterly. "I just got wasted last night, for the second time in a row."

"My point exactly," Caleb replied, and Isabel looked down, actually ashamed of herself.

-

Isabel was at school when she spotted Aria. She was talking to Mike, probably about Conner.