It Happened That Night

"Hey! You know what? I could take a picture and send it to you

"Hey! You know what? I could take a picture and send it to you." -Hanna Marin

-5 MONTHS LATER-

Isabel had done a lot this summer. Her birthday was in August (the 18th. Funny, since she had just turned 18), and she had actually visited her mother. Claudia was overjoyed to see her, and they talked for a while. Isabel decided to stay in Rosewood, which Claudia understood. She also told her about her friends, Jason (she wasn't mad about that (?)), and Mona. Claudia watched the news, and it wasn't something Isabel could keep from her.

She also took a photography class with Aria, spent time with Jason, who taught her more about playing basketball, especially since she wanted to be on the girl's team this year.

"Em, Isabel, you two and I are the only ones who did anything worth talking about this summer," Hanna complained. They were sitting on Spencer's couch, discussing what they did over the summer. Rain pounded on the windows, and everyone but Isabel sported a drink in their hands. (She was so over that.) "I mean, Aria took some boring picture class and Spencer went to college."

"I took a full load at Hollis, and Aria beat out a thousand applicants for a space in that photography class," Spencer scoffed as Aria sat down next to her.

"So, how many houses did you build?" Hanna asked Emily pointedly, sipping her drink.

"Uh, I think we finished about six," Emily smiled.

"And in poor countries, one house is like a home for fifty," Hanna beamed. "How about you, Isabel? Didn't you, like, meet your real mom and become rich or something?"

"Okay, I did not become rich," Isabel chuckled. "She gave me some money as an apology for not being there for twelve years of my life. But I also took a that photography class with Aria, and trained for basketball tryouts this year."

"With Jason?" Hanna smirked. If anyone else heard this, they'd think Hanna was already drunk (she probably was), but this was just how she was about Isabel and Jason.

"Okay, Miss Productive," Spencer laughed. "How much of your list did you actually do?"

"Let's see..." Hanna sighed, pulling out her list. "Cooking class with Caleb. Done." She checked it off. "Volunteer at the Animal Shelter for pocket dogs-"

"Wait. That exists?" Spencer blinked, pulling her cup away from her lips.

"It does," Isabel gushed. "They're so cute! Normally, I don't like dogs, but pocket doggies are adorable."

"Did not do," Hanna frowned, looking back at her list. "Expand my vocabulary. Effectuating," she grinned, and Isabel laughed. "Interned for Vera Wang."

"You got an internship for Vera Wang?" Emily gaped.

"Yeah, I changed my mind," Hanna said, shaking her head. "Turns out they want you to work for free."