Monsters in the End

"Your parents should hire you a 24-hour bodyguard

"Your parents should hire you a 24-hour bodyguard." -Emily Fields

A few days later, the girls sat at the Apple Rose Grille.

"Do you think somebody rubbed that sweater on your bracelet?" Aria asked in a hushed tone.

"Somebody? Try Ian," Emily scoffed. "He's doing everything he can to make you look guilty. Your parents should hire you a 24-hour bodyguard."

"Like Toby," Isabel smirked.

"What? How'd you-" Spencer frowned.

"He's my friend, too," Isabel shrugged.

"What about Jenna?" Aria interrupted.

"I slapped her, Aria," Isabel huffed. "Yeah, she's my best friend."

"No," Aria sighed. "What if she paid Caleb to get that bracelet?"

"When was Caleb in Spencer's house?" Emily asked.

"He doesn't need an invitation, Em," Aria argued. "He broke into a vending machine with a spork."

"Guys..." Spencer called distractedly. "I think somebody's watching us." They turned around and saw a clown mannequin display.

"Those? They're for the founders festival," Emily explained.

"Man, if that's what Rosewood's founding family looked like, how did they ever get anyone to move here?" Aria muttered.

"And why were they allowed to reproduce?" Isabel gagged.

"Guys, if Caleb was-" Emily started.

"Could we stop using the 'C' word?" Hanna snapped.

"Yeah, you're driving me nuts," Isabel agreed.

"We know this is hard for you two, okay, but we have to talk about Ca... him," Aria argued.

"If we want to help Spencer, we have to know what Caleb knows," Emily nodded.

"Guys, there is definitely somebody out there," Spencer gulped.

"Maybe if Emily and I cornered Caleb... not in school, but somewhere that's Jenna-free," Aria suggested.

"If Caleb's gonna talk to anyone, it's gonna be me and Isabel," Hanna said.

"You first," Isabel muttered.

"Thanks, guys," Spencer smiled sadly. The others got up, but Spencer remained.

"Spencer? Are you coming?" Hanna frowned.

"Yeah."

-

The next day, Isabel saw Hanna storm off from talking to Caleb. Isabel begrudgingly approached him.

"I can't believe you," Isabel scoffed.