What Becomes of the Broken- Hearted

"Besides, I'm not Spencer

"Besides, I'm not Spencer. I would ditch school for a hang nail." - Hanna Marin

Isabel, Aria, Hanna, and Emily were hanging out by Aria's locker.

"Did she show up to AP English?" Emily frowned as Aria shoved books into her locker. "Was she even here today?"

"I think we would know if Spencer were here," Isabel scoffed. "People would be running for cover." They stared at her, and she added, "What? Look, she's hurting, and when people hurt, they lash out."

"Just... give her some space," Hanna agreed.

"We have," Aria huffed, closing her locker. "But she's living on planet freefall." They started walking to class, and she turned to Isabel and Emily. "Have you talked to Toby?"

"I tried," Isabel shrugged.

"Well, I left him a ton of messages," Emily replied, elaborating. "Think we're going to have to find out what went down from Spencer. Maybe I'll get some cupcakes and show up at her house."

"She doesn't have the flu," Hanna scoffed. "She doesn't need ragmags and junk food. She needs to work through this pain, not cover it."

"Hmm. Okay, Dr. Hanna," Aria said skeptically. "Pretty sure when you and Caleb broke up, you locked yourself in your bedroom for two weeks, and all you ate was eskimo pies."

"They were skinny cows, and it was four days," Hanna protested. "Besides, I'm not Spencer. I would ditch school for a hang nail."

"Yeah, well, I'm going over there," Emily shrugged, and Aria nodded.

"You need to tell her what you remember about the blonde in the red coat," she agreed. "And give her a riddle, she needs to use that part of her brain again."

"Yeah, and tell her I think I saw her too," Hanna added, and they all stopped, staring at her.

"Back up, saw who?" Aria frowned.

Hanna sighed, "When I went into that fake interview, I could have sworn I saw a blonde girl in a red coat staring at me across the street."

Suddenly, they saw Spencer arguing with Andrew Campbell, the captain of the decathlon team.

-

Isabel walked into Jason's classroom, planning to apologize. He sat in one of the many chairs arranged in a circle, and she couldn't help but smile when she saw him.

"Hey. What are you doing back here?" He smiled, looking up from his book. Isabel walked over to him, and pursed her lips.

"I wanted to talk to you about what Spencer said at the cemetery," she explained.

He scoffed. "You going to tell me she made that up... Ali being pregnant. Come on, Isa, that wasn't breaking news to any of you."

"It doesn't mean it's true, just because CeCe said it," Isabel shrugged, crossing her arms as Jason got up.