If These Dolls Could Talk

"What's next? Hiding in Melissa's closet? Rubbing her belly until the baby confesses?" -Hanna Marin

"Spencer, you're overthinking this," Emily sighed. They were in her car, and Spencer had just explained how Alison visited her last night, but Emily didn't believe it was actually her.

"Then why was the door open?" Spencer scoffed, crossing her arms.

"You're taking two different medications. You probably got up in the middle of the night-" Emily reasoned.

"She was in my living room, Emily," Spencer insisted. I could still smell her creme rinse after she left." Emily just sighed and looked away. "You think I'm losing it, don't you?"

"No, I don't. I've been there," Emily nodded. "After I got locked in that barn, I woke up and she was leaning over me. That conversation felt more real than you and me talking in this car."

"Speaking of talking, why aren't you, Isabel?" Spencer frowned, turning in her seat to look at her in the back.

"Because it happened to me, too," Isabel muttered.

"What?!" Spencer and Emily exclaimed at the same time.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Spencer huffed.

"Well..." Isabel said sheepishly.

-Flashback-

Isabel was asleep on Jason's couch. It was the night Caleb had left for Montecito, and the night she'd hooked up with Jason. She didn't even know if she was really awake, because things seemed so disoriented. She got up for a glass of water and was face-to-face with Ali.

"Did I scare you, hon?" Ali joked as Isabel clutched at her heart. "Ah, looks like Jason hasn't changed this place too much." Isabel stared at her. "It's nice that you live here now, though."

"Ali... are you here? Are you... real?" She asked.

Ali just laughed. "Am I here talking to you?"

"I..." Isabel muttered. She couldn't believe this was happening.

"Speaking of Jason," Ali smiled as he stirred a bit. "Ah, somehow I knew you two would always end up together. Sure, he's lame to me, but... he's not to you. So, I say he's perfect for you."

"Ali..." Isabel began. She had missed her so much, and had no idea what to say to her now. Ali had no idea how much it meant to her to have Ali's approval to date Jason. "How are you here? I thought you were dead."

"Do I look dead to you?" Ali smirked. "Anyway, remember this: you were always my favorite, Isabel. And, in my professional opinion, you understand my tortured brother. So, don't forget about me when you think of him."

Isabel woke up on his couch, still smelling her comforting creme rinse.

-Flashback ends-

"Well, I can see why you never told us," Spencer muttered. Yeah, I never told you, considering you hated Jason, and would be mad if you knew that Ali 'approved' me and Jason, Isabel thought.