chapter 7

(Nia)pov

While we walk to Vandham village and we told Vandham what happened to us, Helluve story, so you headed to the World Tree to reach Elysium, but got swallowed up whole instead? You got some crazy luck said Vandham.

So, er, what were you doing back there, then? asked Rex, Y'know, this Titan... It ain't fussy about what it eats, I went down there to see if anything we might need in the village washed up said Vandham.

But mostly I only found your sorry mushes said Vandham, Yeah, sorry about that... said Rex, Here we are, welcome to Garfont. Ain't much but it's home said Vandham as we saw the vallage. The village has a lot of children said Pyra, lots of Drivers and Blades here too! said Tora.

We're in the business of dispatching Drivers and Blades all across the world, most of the kids are war orphans, took 'me in  while on the job said Vandham. So you're saying that you take them under your wing said Dromarch.

Just till they're able to make it by themselves said Zuo, some of 'em might grow up to be Drivers, like ourselves... But then others might become tailors said Yew. It doesn't matter what they wanna do with their lives, we leave it up to them to decide said Vandham.

Aye. Us "Justice Busters" just wanna help said Zuo, Good eggs, Huh? i asked. You said it, I've been called worse, come on. Let's eat! All this egg-talk is making me hungry said Vandham as we found him.

As we sit at table and we were enting, I'm going to get some water, Vandham? asked Pyra. Cheers love! Gimme a beer! said Vandham, Beer? Coming right up! said Pyra, what's up? The grub don't suit you? asked Vandham.

So do you fight in wars too, Vandham? asked Rex, you gat a prpblem with mercenaries? asked Vandham. Are you trying to get us to join up? asked Rex, Hah! Shrimps like you? We're not THAT desperate said vandham.

Relax said Vandham, Ok, good to know said Rex. Hmmm... Rex, you're a salvager, ain't ya? asked Vandham, yeah said rex, You musta fished out your share of military supplies, Right? asked Vandham.

You fine with that? asked Vandham, Nah, I don't wanna get involved with it said Rex. It's all the same, compasses, valves for ether stoves... Armies need all these things. That bread you're eating? It's made from ruska flour. Supploed by the Ardainian government said Vandham.

This world's full of war, don't matter if you're a soldier or not, as long as you're alive...you're in the war, some way or another, don't you think? asked Vandham. Um, I...said Rex, Life can be cruel, crueler then you know said Vandham.

That's why I set up this little band, so I could protect the people I care about, Rex. You're the Driver of the Aegis, the whole world's gonna try and scalp you, you realize that? How ya gonna live, when you got everyone gunning for ya? asked Vandham.

It'd be easy to run, all you'd need to do is ditch that girl said Vandham as Rex didn't say any, C'mon! Gotta get ready! said Vandham, Wh-where are we going? asked Rex. Just follow me, kid! said Vandham as he walk away.

(y/n)pov

He said to follow him, but i'm not seeing him anywhere... What an annoying old guy said Nia. Where do you think Vandham went? asked Pyra, I guess we just explore the village and hope we run into him? asked Rex.

Good idea, it's always best to get the lay of the land when you arrive in a new place said Pyra. Besides, didn't he say we should "get ready" for something? asked Dromarch, your right about that i said.

He's not exactly big on explaining himself, is he? asked Nia, that true Nia i said. There's quite a few shops around here, so let's stock up on anything we need while we look for him said Rex, I go ahead to to find Vandham i said as the other nod and stock up some stuff.